Valued Contributor

In the future can we kindly discuss something else? Thank you for understanding....

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

Maybe you can nip it in the bud…next time, when you walk in immediately tell her "let's not talk about me today!!!!" (Before she even has the chance to bring it up.) Can you go to a different salon, perhaps?

Super Contributor

I would just say something like..."Oh, please...let's not go there again. It's just too painful (or whatever) to talk about." Then immediately ask her a question about what's going on in her life.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Have you been going to this salon, and/or the same stylist, for a long time (year+)? Is the stylist under 30?

As others have said, if you want to continue going to this stylist at this salon because (1) not many salons in your town, or (2) you really love what she does with your hair, I would have told her nicely before now to just not bring it up any more, please, period.

If you have no strong attachment to either the salon or the stylist, just go somewhere else where they have more of a clue as to what is professional and unprofessional behavior. It doesn't really matter why she's doing it - if she's making you uncomfortable repeatedly, she needs to lose you as a customer and figure out why.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

"Pardon me, but I want you to know this is a very personal subject for me, and very upsetting. I find it difficult to talk about and would appreciate it if we didn't need to go over such sad subjects, thanks."

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

thank you!

Honored Contributor
On 3/8/2015 Furry said:

thank you!

You can do it

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor
Once again my pat answer: "If you do not like what someone is doing or saying, speak up"!
hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I would kick her in the shin and tell her to shut it!