Honored Contributor

At the ripe old age of 70 I got a tat.  I thought I would never get one but While surfing thru pintrest I found one I really liked.  Its on my right forearm.  If you are going to get one why put it in a place thats not seen?  I dont get that.  Anyway, I love mine and am considering getting another one.  They ARE addictive.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I'm a senior citizen; as such, I've seen a lot of things come and go.  So, in addition about tats will look when things sag, tastes in subject matter change, so many who get tats today may regret tomorrow.

You made me think of my brother. In the early 70's he had his college graduation picture taken. He thought he was looking good, with his long hair, orange/rust jacket and patterned shirt.

WELL - when I was cleaning out my parents house I found this picture. He is sorry I did.

Yes, tastes do change.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan.  I don’t have any, nor does my DH or my children.  I threatened to disown my kids if they got one.  Only one son was tempted.

Now that he is older, he said he is happy he didn’t get one.  His wife has several very small tattoos, easily hidden.

I often see people who have to wear long sleeves and bands on their arms while they are working to cover tatts, especially in the medical field. Some employers do not allow them to be on display at work.

Some are beautiful and interesting, but I prefer artwork on a wall, not on my body.

Respected Contributor

I have two.

For Mother's Day, I had the initials of my two girls intertwined with a tiny heart.  It's on my left forearm.  When I put my arm to my chest, it would lie over my heart.  

I really don't have a problem with tattoos as long as they have a special meaning.  I don't like the huge tattoos just randomly placed all over.  Obviously, some people like that.  I personally don't.

A friend of mine has a tattoo of her son's signature as he signed cards and artwork when he was a little boy.  He passed away when he was 21.  She has it on her ankle.  It says "Love, C****" just as he wrote it when he was a little boy.  It's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I have a tattoo of a rose, with my name "John", on my right forearm. This was done 59 years ago.  Personally, am not a fan of words or phrases, nor of large and numerous tattooed body parts.

Never have regretted getting mine during my time in the US Army.

hckynut

@hckynut  Now here is a useful and sensible one!  He can always look at his arm and remember who he is!  This may come in VERY handy in later years!  Woman LOL

Actually, I can't think of anything I'd like to wear on my self through the years.  I just think it's best to leave ones body pretty blank.  I have had spots and moles removed, so why add other markings?  Although maybe John's idea is a useful one. . . Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Cultural groups hold particular ideas.  Traditionally, tattoos are antithetical to Jews, although many many Jews have tattoos. There are some beautiful tattoos, but so many are not.  I remember reading about a woman who covered a scar with a tattoo.  To me the body is a canvas that constantly changes.  I'll leave mine to nature, and the occasional help of a dermatologist!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

At 64, I don't have any tattoos and never will. I wouldn't even get my ears pierced a second time!!  But both of my kids have multiple tattoos and my daughter has multiple ear piercing in one ear. 

This is me too.  I'm too much a chicken when it comes to pain to get a tattoo.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

I have a tattoo of a rose, with my name "John", on my right forearm. This was done 59 years ago.  Personally, am not a fan of words or phrases, nor of large and numerous tattooed body parts.

hckynut

@hckynut  Now here is a useful and sensible one!  He can always look at his arm and remember who he is!  This may come in VERY handy in later years!  Woman LOL

Actually, I can't think of anything I'd like to wear on my self through the years.  I just think it's best to leave ones body pretty blank.  I have had spots and moles removed, so why add other markings?  Although maybe John's idea is a useful one. . . Woman Wink

@Sooner@hckynut

What if we, heaven forbid, look at the tat and say, "Who's that?"

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

hckynut

@Sooner@hckynut

What if we, heaven forbid, look at the tat and say, "Who's that?"

@Justice4all Trust me, it can happen!  Some days my mother asks me if what I just called her is really her name.  Some days she remembers too much!  Especially about me!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

I had had to look up “luon”.  Did you mean “lion?”

@Another new name Sue

Yes, I ment "lion".

It was early, and I hadn't had my coffee yet!Woman TongueWoman Very Happy

Thanks for correcting me!Heart

@Plaid Pants2

Wasn't it you who once posted a pic of your lion tattoo on your calf?

It was beautiful, whoever it belonged to!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.