@Another new name Sue wrote:

@Plaid Pants2

I had had to look up “luon”.  Did you mean “lion?”

@Another new name Sue

Yes, I ment "lion".

It was early, and I hadn't had my coffee yet!Woman TongueWoman Very Happy

Thanks for correcting me!Heart

@Plaid Pants2

Wasn't it you who once posted a pic of your lion tattoo on your calf?

It was beautiful, whoever it belonged to!

@KingstonsMom

Yup, that was me.

Lion Tattoo.jpg

Here it is.

I spent eight hours (that's including breaks) getting this one done.

I had it done at a local yearly tattoo expo, where tatto artists come from all over the country to show off their skills, and to ink people.

Honored Contributor

My son has a tat and my daughter has quite a few. They both tried their best to hide them from me. Myself, not my thing. I am far too mercurial to have tats. I would probably change my mind in a week and want something different...

To each their own, though. If it was my thing, I wouldn't care about anyone's opinion but my own..

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Yes! That's the one I remember! They did a beautiful job!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm nearly 50, don't have any. I don't care for needles, I had a serious illness several years ago, and was poked incessantly. Still have issues I guess with any needle.

Now, I have seen some gorgeous tats. I still remember seeing a lady, where we were, what kind of car she was getting into, who had them everywhere. We exachanged hello's, she walked past my husband and I and I looked at his and told him, "that is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen!" Still think that.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I have 4 smaller ones the largest on my wrist is about 4 inches, one on my thigh, front of shouder and cleavage area.  I have always wanted an armband which I still might get.  I really like to checkout the tats of others and find so many have emotional meanings.  

@Pook

I have an armband made of pink rose buds on a vine on my upper arm and I get more compliments on that one! It's very feminine!

And after 20 years the colors are still so clear and vibrant! One of my faves!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U

You need no one's permission to get a tattoo with your granddaughter.  You've mentioned you have 3, will you have to get one with the other 2?

No tattoos for me.  Some are tastefully done while others are not

I watch say Yes to the Dress.  Often times tattoos are distracting.  More than one mother has commented about the tattoos needing to be covered.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I have two.

For Mother's Day, I had the initials of my two girls intertwined with a tiny heart.  It's on my left forearm.  When I put my arm to my chest, it would lie over my heart.  

I really don't have a problem with tattoos as long as they have a special meaning.  I don't like the huge tattoos just randomly placed all over.  Obviously, some people like that.  I personally don't.

A friend of mine has a tattoo of her son's signature as he signed cards and artwork when he was a little boy.  He passed away when he was 21.  She has it on her ankle.  It says "Love, C****" just as he wrote it when he was a little boy.  It's beautiful.

@Bri36

One of mine is my daughter's signature written across a red heart on my shoulder.

She went with me and signed it and it's very special to me.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

Guess maybe that may have been a thought when I was 18 years old, but when I look straight down my arm it is upside down. Maybe my thought was so others would know my name, beats me. I did get it in a spot that has yet to wrinkle, and it is just a wee bit bigger than my forearm.

Might give some thought to having the 🌹 rose colors touched up, but not real high on my priority list. There is a story of why I had it done way back when. Only regret was 2 days later when I was on KP Duty and washing the big cooking and serving utensils. Hurts just remembering that very long day.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

Cultural groups hold particular ideas.  Traditionally, tattoos are antithetical to Jews, although many many Jews have tattoos. There are some beautiful tattoos, but so many are not.  I remember reading about a woman who covered a scar with a tattoo.  To me the body is a canvas that constantly changes.  I'll leave mine to nature, and the occasional help of a dermatologist!

@Justice4all

Yes, but my ex-husband was Jewish and he had tattoos too.