Honored Contributor

My daughter and I had matching tattoos done on our ankles several years ago.  It's the only one I have but she has a bunch.  They all mean something to her but don't think for a minute that I haven't had the discussion with her about them changing shape as time goes on.  Still, she's an adult and I can't make any decisions for her anymore.  I doubt she's done either, she'll probably get more.  One day there will be a lot of geriatrics with stretched out, saggy, droopy tattoos.  LOL  There are a couple more that I'd like to get but haven't made them a priority.  

Trusted Contributor

i have several. go get one! but be warned. you may want more! 

Honored Contributor

I'm just not a fan of tattoos on anyone.  Sorry.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

I have ink. Do it or don't. Whatever works for you. No judgment from me.

Super Contributor

I once saw an older woman, bleached hair, wrinkles, wearing a tank top with a tat across her upper chest of a long stemmed rose.  I am sure it was pretty at one time, but it looked dead on the vine.  Even the color was turning brownish red.

Tatoos are a personal choice, but can limit one's career as in many healthcare settings they may not be visible.  Some people with dementia or mental illness react violently against those with visible "art."

If you like it, fine.  If others don't, that is fine also.  

Honored Contributor

I have thought about getting one.  "To thine own self be true." on the inside of my left wrist or lower arm.

Not sure I will ever do it though.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

I had had to look up “luon”.  Did you mean “lion?”

Honored Contributor

I'd love a tat.  I used to laugh and say I'd wait until I was older so it could be done AFTER the wrinkles set it so it wouldn't sag.  Well, now I'm older and I still think of getting one.  Nothing crazy.  I'd love a simple cross on the underside of my arm about halfway between wrist and elbow.  

Respected Contributor

I love your idea and I think the bonding you and your GD have is wonderful.

I saved a pic of a beautiful tattoo that says "let it be" surrounded by vines.  Someday...

Honored Contributor

I can remember back when, and it was like it seemed only service men got them.  

Now, it's like --- most everyone has at least 1.  1 or a couple or so, tastefully done and placed do not bother me at all and I think so many of them are so interesting and beautiful.  I didn't get one until rather late in life -- it's very small, tiny even.

However, there are so, so many people who are just covered in them.  To each his or her own, but I don't care for this look at all.  

But I truly think for the most part, no one really gives it much thought any more.  If you enjoy it, go for it.  It's not hurting anyone.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin