Honored Contributor

Re: 🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

@hckynut, gas hasn’t been close to $5 a gallon for at least five years or more.  Way before my 2015 retirement date.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@hckynut, gas hasn’t been close to $5 a gallon for at least five years or more.  Way before my 2015 retirement date.

@Mmsfoxxie 

My memory for names and objects my be fading, but when it comes to taking $$$ out of my pocket? Sorry, that wasn't  and isn't happening. 

I do know what I was paying to fill my 5 gallon gas can.  

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I DO care about exploration on protected public lands! Companies like Exxon have such a great environmental track record. 😡
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course we all want a clean, healthy environment for planet earth but it has to be a unified "global effort" for all to find a better way.  Earth's population is currently over 7.5 billion people and growing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone has to step up to the plate and make the first move. I think as a world leader it should be us

Trade agreements can contain green issues

snip

Including effective environmental provisions in trade agreements can potentially provide a much-needed counterbalance to the environmental impacts of increased trade. In a free trade agreement, environmental provisions could provide an additional enforcement tool to ensure compliance with international environmental standards. They can also help protect the right of a country to implement environmental regulation. Less widely discussed, environmental provisions could also help level the regulatory playing field for U.S. companies competing in a global marketplace. At “Issues for the New Administration: Trade and the Environment,” an event held at ELI and co-sponsored by the D.C. Bar, ABA SEER, and ELI, panelist members of the Trade and Environment Policy Advisory Committee (TEPAC) discussed these and other issues.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut, you’re right....we all did at one time.  But I benchmark a lot of thing by my retirement date.  I have not paid even close to $5 a gallon since I retired in June, 2015.  My pension is very small so I would remember that, my friend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Gas price went up 5 cents in two hours yesterday.  And the gas I pumped yesterday had nothing to do with the problems over there. They take advantage when something like that happens, raising prices right away. They are slower to lower them afterward. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I live rural and I cannot walk to get essentials.. I depend upon my car.  And while our gas prices hit a recent new low I know they are going up.  We have no way to charge up an electric car, yeah perhaps from my house to go a few miles on the charge but not enough to do much grocery shopping or leave the area. I only wish we had rail or all kinds of modern forms of transportation, but we don't. 

Electric cars need multiple charging stations everywhere and these cars need to go hundreds of miles on one charge.  Then I am for this new technology but not before.  And besides the price tag on these cars... I cannot afford. 

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

"Scare tactics"?  Please.

The only ones holding up further exploration of public lands are the "Greenies" and other "Environmentalists" who want you to believe that wind power and solar power can do it all, that the world has only 15 years due to climate change and that Miami will slip into the sea.

I prefer to belive facts and science over  ignorance, self centeredness and greed.  The ones that disavow climite change/global warming, etc. are the first ones that will be fighting to get on the Ark.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

(...picks up phone)

”Hello, Tesla? I wanna place an order...”

6C72D011-C020-4334-800A-D2B3C9E583D4.jpeg

There is a problem with Tesla though...if you need repair parts they don’t have them.I have a friend who has a small hybrid that I think is the way o go.She paid 40,000 Canadian.