Honored Contributor

🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

With all this news about SA oil fires & because of same, gas prices will increase, I was wondering......

WHY?   confused.gif

Not enough oil in the Alaska Pipeline to supply the USofA?  What about Texas?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

The largest oil deposit in the US was discovered in the past year or 2 in the Permian Basin of West Texas and SE New Mexico.  I heard mention that they might dip into the strategic oil reserves.  Again, I thought, why?  Perhaps scare tactics to get public approval for oil drilling on public lands like national parks and the ANWR?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I just read that oil prices have shot up by 20%.

Honored Contributor

Once oil is out of the ground it has to go through a refinery, and we're low on refineries. Locally at least two in southern NJ and one in Philly have closed in recent years. You can't just wave a wand and convert crude oil into gasoline and heating oil. You need refineries and most of ours are already at capacity. When a major refinery, either here or overseas goes offline, prices go up.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  "You can't just wave a wand and convert crude oil into gasoline and heating oil."

haha.gif

That is what I do not understand.  If our refinaries are at capacity & the ones overseas goes offline, why should the price increase in the USofA?

I already knew about the refinary closing in Philly but not the one in N.J. (which has the cheapest prices in the country along w/Delaware).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

(...picks up phone)

”Hello, Tesla? I wanna place an order...”

6C72D011-C020-4334-800A-D2B3C9E583D4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Amazingly enough, Alaskan pay a higher price for gasoline than any state in the country (even when they are producing the most).

Honored Contributor

Prices of everything have edged up. This is the perfect opportunity to raise prices even more, and blame it on the oil production, It also might be true to a certain degree, oil affects the cost of everything

I just hope this doesn't escalate

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac :  IMHO there is no reason for gas prices (ex. when I lived in CA we were 1 1/2 hrs from an oil field and several refineries but gas was over $1 per gallon more than I pay in AZ and our prices, in our resort town (3 hrs North of Phoenix) this week are 50 cents cheaper than Phoenix.  Of course, many localities have additives and additional taxes.  Our only solution (besides using Gas Buddy) is to routinely buy hybrid cars for our commuter cars (getting 35 to 50 mpg really helps!).