Respected Contributor

Re: 🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

"Scare tactics"?  Please.

The only ones holding up further exploration of public lands are the "Greenies" and other "Environmentalists" who want you to believe that wind power and solar power can do it all, that the world has only 15 years due to climate change and that Miami will slip into the sea.

Honored Contributor

crude oil is a commodity, it's bought & sold like a commodity.

The commodities market works similar to the stock market.

There is plenty of oil.

Once the commodity traders calm down, the price should stabilize.

I think I heard the US will release crude from ANWR.

All of the world wide producers agree on how much crude to release to the market to keep prices viable.   There shouldn't be a problem for the US to make up for what the Saudi's lost.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

Is this the winning we were promised?

We're closer to energy independence now than we have been in years, so Yemen's bombing of Saudi refineries will likely affect us less than it would have otherwise.  I'd call that winning.

Not Yemen.

Esteemed Contributor

The USA has enough oil reserves to get by without the Saudis.

they need to step up to the plate and eal with their neighbor who did the destruction.  They have the capabilities. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

The only ones holding up further exploration of public lands are the "Greenies" and other "Environmentalists" who want you to believe that wind power and solar power can do it all, that the world has only 15 years due to climate change and that Miami will slip into the sea.

If they don't live in the DC area how do they think they will be getting home?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Cats3000, yes, I'd so much rather depend upon upon big oil industries to lead the way -- to environmental disaster on every level. Let's just forget about the land, the ocean, all species, clean air, water, and upolluted everything.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

No need to make mountains out of molehills. We will all survive and be just fine. The world will be fine for many, many years. I loathe scare tactics and don't fall for the nonsense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

No need to make mountains out of molehills. We will all survive and be just fine. The world will be fine for many, many years. I loathe scare tactics and don't fall for the nonsense.

In order to call a concern about our environment mere "scare tactics,"it must take an inordinate amount of determination to ignore 99 percent of the data in favor of....I really don't know what, other than vested interests in profit now and to heck with the future.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess some people just really don't care if the air that they breathe is clean, or the water that they drink is clean, or that the enviorment that they live in is clean.

And they really don't care if their children and grandchildren don't have clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, or a clean enviorment to live in.

It's sad that they don't want to give their children and grandchildren a cleaner Earth than they were given.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Certainly we all benefit from a cleaner earth. It will help many people who are ill because of pollution. It will create jobs, real jobs ,and real entrepreneurs who ,will invent  new ways to give us a cleaner planet ,and  create jobs for people in the process. It is a win win  situation for everyone

It may help stem global warming ,but even if it doesn't, we are still all winners, because a healthy ,clean ,planet is in everyone's best interest