Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

How is the electricity used to power your electric vehicle generated?

In 2018 Fossil Fuels accounted for 64% of electricity generation, primarily Coal and Natural Gas.

In 2018  Nuclear power accounted for nearly 20%.

Renewables account for most of the balance, including Hydropower, Wind and Biomass.

Many people in favor of electric vehicles have issues with coal, natural gas and nuclear fueled generating stations.

Respected Contributor

Gas went up here 20 cents in 2 days. Almost $3 a gallon.

My FIL just installed a charger at his house for his hybrid SUV. 

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

=^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rockycoast wrote:

"The ones that disavow climite change/global warming, etc. are the first ones that will be fighting to get on the Ark."

@Rockycoast 

Believe or don't believe. Facts and science have shown for decades that China and India, in that order, are the #1 and #2 polluters. Those that do believe, should also believe it is a global issue. Me!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Esteemed Contributor

I think what is being reported has to do with global economy, not just the US. We aren't the center of the universe, despite what we seem to think. That being said, this is a Saudi/Yemen problem. The Saudis have bombed Houthi stronglholds in Yemen repeatedly, but somehow they are being portrayed as victims. We support the Saudi government. Iran supports Yemen. Nothing much ever changes in that part of the world. We do not need to engage in yet another military action there. We still have not extricated ourselves from the other military actions that took place almost 20 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@hckynut, you’re right....we all did at one time.  But I benchmark a lot of thing by my retirement date.  I have not paid even close to $5 a gallon since I retired in June, 2015.  My pension is very small so I would remember that, my friend.

I live in one of the most expensive cities in the US, and I have NEVER paid $5 a gallon in the city or its suburbs. Not even after everything went crazy after 9/11. I do, however, live in a state that has many forms of energy besides petroleum. We are mindful in our approach to stewardship of this planet and our own personal environment. Sustainability is a common goal here.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

"The ones that disavow climite change/global warming, etc. are the first ones that will be fighting to get on the Ark."

@Rockycoast 

Believe or don't believe. Facts and science have shown for decades that China and India, in that order, are the #1 and #2 polluters. Those that do believe, should also believe it is a global issue. Me!

hckynut

@hckynut  I've never been one to believe the "other kids are doing it so it is ok if we do it too"  mentality.  Denying facts and science and doing Nothing doesn't help our climate or fix the problem.  Start in our own country and fix what is happening now.  China Has been working on reducing its emissions/pollution. So even they are doing things.  Like I said, Ignorance, selfcenteredness and greed are standing in the way of getting things done.
Honored Contributor

Of course it needs to be addressed globally. But that commitment has to include what is still the most powerful nation in the world. Without our participation or even acceptance, nothing will do much good. Instead of moving backwards on the environment, we need to move forward along with as many other countries as possible.

This should not even be a question nor a political game. At this point, we can't stop climate change, but we can still mitigate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

China and the US lead the world in the amount of carbon emissions they produce. However, China has quadruple the size of population; yet, the US emits double what China does in emissions. China is beginning to take the lead in trying to reduce its emissions. On the other hand, the US now has pulled out of world efforts to address the situation. We are basically a non entity when it comes to being a leader in our planet's sustainability. Nothing happens over night, but every effort no matter how small is a positive move. Sustainable alternative non fossil energies also contribute alternative job opportunities around the world as well as investment opportunities.