Respected Contributor

Re: 🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

@JillyMarie wrote:

Is this the winning we were promised?

We're closer to energy independence now than we have been in years, so Yemen's bombing of Saudi refineries will likely affect us less than it would have otherwise.  I'd call that winning.

Frequent Contributor

Oil is a global commodity traded on global markets. Shortages overseas will cause domestic prices to rise. Higher oil means higher gas. But we have plenty of oil. The rise in price will not be due to domestic shortages. We’ve gone from being energy dependent  to energy independent.  Neither Trump nor Obama should take the credit. Pure innovation. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

(...picks up phone)

”Hello, Tesla? I wanna place an order...”

6C72D011-C020-4334-800A-D2B3C9E583D4.jpeg

Electric cars would be one solution . But where I live there are so few recharging stations that I would be hesitant to buy a totally electric car. I'm sure my city is not the only one that has no recharging stations. 

Our country needs to develop high speed rail. Amtrak is doing just that and the production is located within our borders, not overseas...more jobs, less carbon.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just read manufacturing sector is contracting again. Tariffs and trade war. 

Farmers on welfare. Not winning

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JillyMarie 

Guess you've forgotten the close to $5 per gallon we were paying prior, I haven't ! Filled up yesterday for $2.45 per gallon, close to half what I was paying before the "winning" you mentioned.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@JillyMarie 

Guess you've forgotten the close to $5 per gallon we were paying prior, I haven't ! Filled up yesterday for $2.45 per gallon, close to half what I was paying before the "winning" you mentioned.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  We lucked out and never paid anything like that. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Prices of everything have edged up. This is the perfect opportunity to raise prices even more, and blame it on the oil production, It also might be true to a certain degree, oil affects the cost of everything

I just hope this doesn't escalate

I was talking to my youngest daughter today and she's getting an oil delivery  Tuesday for her home, I hope her price was locked in.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvbnagirl 

You actually believe that?  Check regulations pertaining to that "by the numbers". Innovation like what?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I remember it well. It cost me over $20 to fill my 5 gallon can for my mower.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@luvbnagirl wrote:

Oil is a global commodity traded on global markets. Shortages overseas will cause domestic prices to rise. Higher oil means higher gas. But we have plenty of oil. The rise in price will not be due to domestic shortages. We’ve gone from being energy dependent  to energy independent.  Neither Trump nor Obama should take the credit. Pure innovation. 

@luvbnagirl 

I agree.

I, too, feel Oil/Energy is a bipartisan commodity.