Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgnkgYtqnw&t=20s

A MUST watch if you have an interest in this topic.  A fantastic interview.

I am posting the link to this interview again because of how important it is.

Yes, it is a time commitment, but it is extremely interesting, enlightening and mind blowing.

We are ALL affected by this.  

I’m 30 minutes in.

Wow.

Thanks for posting this....

Honored Contributor

esme,

this is so true.  a whole lot of the process food came out in the 40-50's into the 60's. it was thought to help the "wife" get caught up easily for fixing dinner or snack quickly for the family.  

Since the "wife" now probably worked outside of the house this was great news. Now a whole lot is catching up to us on the processed food. It is not good for us like all the scientist thought way back when.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgnkgYtqnw&t=20s

A MUST watch if you have an interest in this topic.  A fantastic interview.

I am posting the link to this interview again because of how important it is.

Yes, it is a time commitment, but it is extremely interesting, enlightening and mind blowing.

We are ALL affected by this.  

I’m 30 minutes in.

Wow.

Thanks for posting this....

@sidsmom

I posted it twice because of how imiportant, incisive, and fascinating it is.

Not something to just skim through, that's for sure.  I will be watching it again.

Honored Contributor

There was an article on Fox Business Network yesterday about the toxic ingredient in Roundup (glyphosphate) also being used in most oat and many corn and wheat products...can't post the link for some reason but am sure you can google it. The chemical Is sprayed on fields of oats and other other grains to kill the plants quickly so it can be harvested earlier for market. The article had data from a study where they tested many brands for toxic levels and many were surprising. It included organic, non-gmo, as well as other widely- known brands such as Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Quaker Oats, Nutrigrain bars, etc. I find it horrifying that this chemical is banned in almost every other country yet we use it here on products we feed our children!

Honored Contributor
cheerios are one of the first finger foods most people give babies...and oatmeal has always been considered healthy...wow has the public been played by big money
Honored Contributor
the chemical was found in non-gmo and organic foods as well; there is a reason it was banned years ago by most other countries...the FDA isn't always our friend
Honored Contributor

I have a local garden expert I have admired for years; he has warned against Roundup for decades and does only organic....we started his organic program and our yard has never looked better or been healthier...because the soil is now healthy; the next company they need to go after is Scotts. Their weed and feed is a real killer....if it can kill a lawn instead of feeding it...how toxic must it really be?
www.dirtdoctor.com

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of things...

Crops are killed so they can be harvested?  It doesn't make sense.

Re: Weed and Feed killing a lawn...maybe if not applied correctly.  You can kill a plant with too much water.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 I think France is the only country that doesn't want a renewal.  

Trusted Contributor

Monsanto is the scum of the earth.  And people that use their products need to really educate themselves on how horrible this company truly is.  They've designed GMO soybeans and made them tolerant to their herbacide, which is sprayed over most U.S. soybean crops (over 90%).  It's also used on corn, oat, wheat and other crops as well.

If you use Roundup to get rid of pesky weeds, may I suggest you do it the old fashioned way and get on your hands and knees and pluck them out.  It will give you needed exercise and fresh air and the earth will thank you.