Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,636
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

@snoop wrote:

@Cakers I think France is the only country that doesn't want a renewal.  


@snoop  Pres. Macron announced last fall a complete ban by 2022.

 

Once 2022 rolls around, then the ban for these countries will be complete.  In the meantime the licensed used of glyphosate was renewed for current use.

 

The Netherlands and Belgium  right now bans only the non-commerical use.

 

The complete ban, meaning no license renewal, will not happen until 2022 but some countries are restricting its use as indicated.

 

Thanks for conversing with me.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,523
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

@esme wrote:

  1. @Nightowlz wrote:

    @Cakers wrote:

    Bon appetit!

     

     

    Related image


     

    @Cakers

     

    No kidding. If it's not dangerous why are they wearing those suits???


True. And if the man at the beginning of this thread took dictated precautions and suited up, how was he “doused” in it? 


@esme

 

Are you talking about the other thread where the guy that sued & died  was spraying round up at schools for years & was doused several times?

I wondered the same thing. From what I read he was not in one of these suits. Even if you are spraying large amounts of this there is no reason for you to be doused several times while using it. That's the users fault IMO.

He should have had enough sense to know if he was doused in it to get a shower ASAP.

DH spot sprays weeds in the yard & has never been doused in anything.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,636
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

The majority of crops are used for animal/animal byproducts

consumption. Glyphosate is in the feed, which is consumed

by the animal. In turn, humans consume the muscle and/or byproduct

of said animal.

 

How is this different than the cereal/oats?  

If there’s anything questionable in the feed, the animal consumes

large quantities of this item...so humans are consuming concentrated

amounts of anything questionable. 

 

Moral of the story, there’s more to...

worry about eating animal/byproducts (concentrated amts)

than a bowl of Cheerios/oatmeal (negligible amts).


@sidsmom

 

Round Up is in all that Plant Based Food too plus our water. It's all over the place there is no getting away from it. If you eat, drink or breathe it's in your system.


@Nightowlz  You are correct.  The % isn't the issue-the chemical doen't leave our system whether you ate oats or meat.

 

As I said earlier, this push for one lifestyle keeps ignoring the fact that you are still ingesting a toxin.  Period.

 

 

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,378
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Nightowlz Yes. Thanks for the correction. 

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,373
Registered: ‎06-14-2010

Me24

 

Thank you for your great post and the truth.  Monsanto is evil and needs to be put in its place not catered to.  It is appalling how all of this isn't stopped.  Whenever these evils are exposed they need to be addressed and not allowed.  Our health depends on it!!!

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,523
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

@Cakers wrote:

@snoop wrote:

@Cakers I think France is the only country that doesn't want a renewal.  


@snoop  Pres. Macron announced last fall a complete ban by 2022.

 

Once 2022 rolls around, then the ban for these countries will be complete.  In the meantime the licensed used of glyphosate was renewed for current use.

 

The Netherlands and Belgium  right now bans only the non-commerical use.

 

The complete ban, meaning no license renewal, will not happen until 2022 but some countries are restricting its use as indicated.

 

Thanks for conversing with me.


@Cakers

 

Did you know Bayer bought Monsanto in June? The Monsanto name will be going bye bye but product names will remain the same. The largest pesticide company merged with the largest seed company on June 7th.

Bayer wonders if people will still protest with the Monsanto name gone. IMO yes they will still protest because nothing will change it's just under the name Bayer now. 

The number of companies controlling our food went from 7 to 4 in the last year. This means we could all be looking at higher prices because of it.

Who knows what changes will occur with this but nothing good will come out of it IMO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,636
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

@Nightowlz wrote:

@esme wrote:

  1. @Nightowlz wrote:

    @Cakers wrote:

    Bon appetit!

     

     

    Related image


     

    @Cakers

     

    No kidding. If it's not dangerous why are they wearing those suits???


True. And if the man at the beginning of this thread took dictated precautions and suited up, how was he “doused” in it? 


@esme

 

Are you talking about the other thread where the guy that sued & died  was spraying round up at schools for years & was doused several times?

I wondered the same thing. From what I read he was not in one of these suits. Even if you are spraying large amounts of this there is no reason for you to be doused several times while using it. That's the users fault IMO.

He should have had enough sense to know if he was doused in it to get a shower ASAP.

DH spot sprays weeds in the yard & has never been doused in anything.


@Nightowlz  DeWayne Johnson, the custodian in this case, didn't just squirt Roundup the way people do in their own yards.

 

He sprayed from a 50 gallon container attached to a truck.  The theory is that the back-spray from conditions such a wind gusts contributed to the product landing on him. 

 

The "douse" issue had to do with one of the lines breaking one time and in that instance he did receive a "douse" of the product.  I know of no other instance where he was "doused".

 

We don't know if he showered right away or not.   He said he followed precautions.

If he is using a commericial type dispensing of the product, the risk would have been higher than the risk of just squirting from a small container from Home Depot.

 

 

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,523
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

@Cakers wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@esme wrote:

  1. @Nightowlz wrote:

    @Cakers wrote:

    Bon appetit!

     

     

    Related image


     

    @Cakers

     

    No kidding. If it's not dangerous why are they wearing those suits???


True. And if the man at the beginning of this thread took dictated precautions and suited up, how was he “doused” in it? 


@esme

 

Are you talking about the other thread where the guy that sued & died  was spraying round up at schools for years & was doused several times?

I wondered the same thing. From what I read he was not in one of these suits. Even if you are spraying large amounts of this there is no reason for you to be doused several times while using it. That's the users fault IMO.

He should have had enough sense to know if he was doused in it to get a shower ASAP.

DH spot sprays weeds in the yard & has never been doused in anything.


@Nightowlz  DeWayne Johnson, the custodian in this case, didn't just squirt Roundup the way people do in their own yards.

 

He sprayed from a 50 gallon container attached to a truck.  The theory is that the back-spray from conditions such a wind gusts contributed to the product landing on him. 

 

The "douse" issue had to do with one of the lines breaking one time and in that instance he did receive a "douse" of the product.  I know of no other instance where he was "doused".

 

We don't know if he showered right away or not.   He said he followed precautions.

If he is using a commericial type dispensing of the product, the risk would have been higher than the risk of just squirting from a small container from Home Depot.

 

 


@Cakers

 

Well guess this guy should have suited up. Anyone working around chemicals should be aware of steps to take to keep it off of yourself.

There should be a shower for those to use that work around such chemicals.

There is really no way to know if that's what caused his cancer.

DH works in Fuels at the military base. They have a shower for emergencies.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,378
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Cakers wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@esme wrote:

  1. @Nightowlz wrote:

    @Cakers wrote:

    Bon appetit!

     

     

    Related image


     

    @Cakers

     

    No kidding. If it's not dangerous why are they wearing those suits???


True. And if the man at the beginning of this thread took dictated precautions and suited up, how was he “doused” in it? 


@esme

 

Are you talking about the other thread where the guy that sued & died  was spraying round up at schools for years & was doused several times?

I wondered the same thing. From what I read he was not in one of these suits. Even if you are spraying large amounts of this there is no reason for you to be doused several times while using it. That's the users fault IMO.

He should have had enough sense to know if he was doused in it to get a shower ASAP.

DH spot sprays weeds in the yard & has never been doused in anything.


@Nightowlz  DeWayne Johnson, the custodian in this case, didn't just squirt Roundup the way people do in their own yards.

 

He sprayed from a 50 gallon container attached to a truck.  The theory is that the back-spray from conditions such a wind gusts contributed to the product landing on him. 

 

The "douse" issue had to do with one of the lines breaking one time and in that instance he did receive a "douse" of the product.  I know of no other instance where he was "doused".

 

We don't know if he showered right away or not.   He said he followed precautions.

If he is using a commericial type dispensing of the product, the risk would have been higher than the risk of just squirting from a small container from Home Depot.

 

 


@Cakers  admittedly beating a dead horse here. If he was spraying from a truck, I suppose he was inside that truck. Cautiously with the windows up.  And when the hose broke, no doubt he had control of turning on and off the flow of the herbicide. So I still don’t understand the dousing. I think he may have been careless, maybe didn’t follow all of the instructions, tried to take shortcuts… Like many do.

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,944
Registered: ‎04-14-2013

Weeds in crop rows of genetically modified plants (modified to be resistant to glyphosate), are sprayed with glyphosate.  The idea is to be able to spray indiscriminately to kill weeds relatively quickly (and easily), because the food crop is "immune", or "resistant" to the effects of the herbicide.  The food crop may have product on it when it is harvested, which can happen right after spraying.  I would also deduce that since the food crop doesn't metabolize the Roundup, it would remain active for a period of time (like a "half-life").

Cogito ergo sum