Honored Contributor

I saw the cops there are welcoming  people by saying, welcome to hell.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

There has been so much negative talk about these Olympics.  Hope everyone is wrong and the athletes have a wonderful time.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

If someone were to offer me first class, round-trip tickets, put up in a fancy suite, and buy my tickets to any event that I wanted to go to, I'd still say, "Kell no!!!"

Honored Contributor

It's a very sad and serious situation.  I can't imagine anyone taking the chance of going there.  And now there's additional concern with the water - "super bacteria" where, I believe, the sailing will take place.  I wish with all my heart that they would cancel the Olympics this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

I feel sad for all of the athletes who have worked so very hard to make it to the Olympics--and now have reservations about the safety of the venue. Hopefully, this is more media hype and everything will go off without any problems! I sure hope so.

Honored Contributor

They said the cops have not been paid,and alot of corruption there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Seems a little ironic to me that the IOC has such intense and specific rules about athletes' personal conduct yet supports having the games in potentially dangerous sites. 

Makes me wonder about who's in charge.

Respected Contributor

It's really sad. I feel bad for those who work/train so hard. It's probably time to build a permanent venue in a place built especially for safety and access, if that is possible.

Honored Contributor

To me Rio was like the song "From A Distance"...until you get a good look at it...omg.Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I have always loved the Olympics-it has been a family tradition for us to watch it for as many times as I can remember. However, I am really nervous about this year- I think it is going to be awful and what they did to many residents there by displacing them is terrible. I think it won't be a very good experience for the Olympians either.