Trusted Contributor

I remember seeing the 2002 movie, City of God, filmed in the poorest areas of Rio about the way of life for the desperately poor of that hell hole. It is gutwrenching stuff, a must-see. We are so blessed to live in America.

Honored Contributor

@leighagemini wrote:

Something like Switzerland or Sweden could hold the wintergames  and the summer games could be in Atlanta or Greece. Basically have a perrmanent venue for the games, but still have a "host" country for the opening ceremony. You wouldn't have to worry if venues would be built on time or if security would be in check etc.

Security would be problematic if the games were always in the same location, that's why they rotate.  Just like the SuperBowl.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

We have always watched the Olympics. (and attended Atlanta and Salt Lake City)

Every night last week I watched the swimming qualfications for our team.  Seeing the enthusiasm of the young first times Olympians and the older, returning Olympians leaves me in tears. 

I pray everyone is safe.

Go USA.

I agree! I watched the swimming, gymnastics and the track and field us olympic trials and it is just exciting (and some heartbreaks) for all the athletes.

Sadly, I just read about the government losing track of a person released a few years back from Guantanamo Bay and they fear he is trying to get into Rio before the games or is already in Rio for the games, obviously for nefarious purposes. They are frantically trying to find him.

I too hope everyone stays safe.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

We have always watched the Olympics. (and attended Atlanta and Salt Lake City)

Every night last week I watched the swimming qualfications for our team.  Seeing the enthusiasm of the young first times Olympians and the older, returning Olympians leaves me in tears. 

I pray everyone is safe.

Go USA.

I agree! I watched the swimming, gymnastics and the track and field us olympic trials and it is just exciting (and some heartbreaks) for all the athletes.

Sadly, I just read about the government losing track of a person released a few years back from Guantanamo Bay and they fear he is trying to get into Rio before the games or is already in Rio for the games, obviously for nefarious purposes. They are frantically trying to find him.

I too hope everyone stays safe.

They can't find him and it was so predictable they would not monitor those let go.  Who didn't see this coming?