Esteemed Contributor

Famous People That You Have Met

I have met Richard Simmons when I was a teen.

Michael Flatley, when I was 35.

Last year, I met Daniel Radcliffe.

Last year, Daniel filmed "Swiss Army Man" in my neck of the woods.

I work at an airport, and he was flying out on United, when he came through my checkpoint.

Normally I leave the famous alone. I figure that they are on their down time, and don't want attention. I respect that.

But, when I saw that he was handing out autographs like lollipops, I wanted one too.

So I grabbed pen and paper, and I approached him and I asked, "May I have an autograph, too?"

He asked me for my name, and I told him, and he wrote, "To Plaid, love Daniel Radcliffe".

Oh, my god is he ever cute in person!

Yes, he's young enough to be my son, and I am Mrs. Robinson, but I could just eat him up, he's so cute!

I prefer him over Will Smith.

Will Smith filmed "A.E. After Earth" up here, too.

He, and his entourage, arrived by private jet, and had a limo waiting for them, steps away.

He wanted nothing to do with the locals, whereas, with Daniel, he was spotted having a late night dinner at a local Denny's.

Will Smith acted like a snob, like he was "better" than the locals.

I'm sure that Mr. Smith thought that he landed in hicksville.

Daniel, on the other hand, flew commercial, and was appreciative of his fans.

I would love to have Daniel back up here again.

Will Smith, not so much, not like he'd come back up here willingly again anyway.

So, what famous people have you met?

Honored Contributor

Re: Famous People That You Have Met

I don't think I've ever met any famous people.  I've met (and been around) quite a few politicians (i.e. Senators and Congressmen) but that's because I live in the DC area.

When my husband was alive we traveled a lot.  He'd say, "I just saw so and so".  I would say, "Where"?  

They could have walked up to me and I still wouldn't know them, yet I know most of the Senators and Congressmen (recognize them, I mean).

My husband spent a lot of time in airports and belonged to clubs supported by the airlines.  He'd talk to and meet some famous people waiting in there too.

I've never been impressed by famous people.  If you want to impress me (although I don't know who'd care) you should do something difficult like (loose a lot of weight, or accomplish something awsome).

I think it's neat though that you met some.  I love to talk to people who have stories to tell about famous people they know.  My husband had some really interesting and funny stories.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  I think it's great to have met the people you have!  I guess my closest brush with "fame" is that a local rapper and his wife, who currenty have their own reality show, have a son who attended the school where I teach. I never had him as a student and would have not paid them any mind, because I'm not a fan.  I probably would  have never recognized them, either. You could certainly tell when the parents were in the building, though. The students, parents, teachers who were fans all circled around.  He has since moved on to middle school. All is quiet now.

The only actor I have met is Jerry Douglas,who played John Abbott on the Young and the Restless.  One year, he was signing autographs at a local Target store.  He was my granny's absoute favorite person on the soap opera,so I stood in line to get his autograph for her.  Made her smile!  He made out the autograph "To Granny" because everyone called her that!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

In my figure skating orbit I've met or practiced on the same ice as many top skaters: Scott Hamilton, Tara Lipinski, Tai and Randy, Katarina Witt (gosh I'm a dinosaur).

In high school I worked at a department store and waited on Angie Dickenson (she bought a zipper), Toni Teneille (jeans), Brooke Shields (clothing) and Norman Fell. All were very nice to chat with, except Norman.

And in going to Star Trek conventions I've met nearly all the "big name" leads - William Shatner, George Takai, Walter Koenig, Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtus.
Marina is a hoot! I was in line to get her autograph and she was amazed at the Troi and First Officer costumes I'd made. So she engaged me in quite a conversation about them and about a family member that was a tailor. When I turned around I noticed the line had gotten very long!

Regular Contributor

Stephen King & his wife Tabitha...

Esteemed Contributor

Famous people I have met;

The guy (cant remember his real name) that played Nick on All My Children way way back in the 70s. My friends and I saw him in a record store in NYC and approached him and spoke to him for a few minutes.

Muhammad Ali- Twice in the 70's- At his boxing camp here in PA. (My Moms family had a farm nearby). And I might add, he was very nice, and did not act "tough" like he did on tv.

David Copperfield -After one of his magic shows in my home town he was in the lobby signing autographs.

Taylor Swift- Before she became as famous as she is now. She was just a kid. (She is originally from the same area I am originally from in PA and used to perform at various places!).

And lastly- I met Bo Bice, Ace, Daughtry, and Taylor Hicks (after or before depending which ones) the Idol tour shows. I used to go to all the Idol shows. And.out of all of those Bo and Ace were so nice in person to the fans.

(Just for fun; Who I wish I'd meet- (lol).. Richard Gere, Jon Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@sandraskates  First of all, I love your nickname! I love figure skating and that is quite an impressive list of skaters you have met!Cat Very Happy  How fun!!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

@estaw2000-----Did the Kings scare the **** out ofyou?  He is one of my favs. I only read one of her books.

Back in elementary Bobby Burgess (Mouseketeer) was trying to get a new group of Mouseketeers going. I remember we all got tshirts and skirts.  I didn't like him in person, only on the show.------tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

@estaw2000 wrote:

Stephen King & his wife Tabitha...

That's impressive!  I hope they were nice,don't want my bubble burst lol.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I guess it depends on one's definition of famous.....

Gary Conway (from Land of the Giants - WAY back when)
Peter Noone
Ronald Reagan 
Gene Simmons
Pat Boone
Debbie Boone
Jeanne Robertson

Many Christian singing artists/groups (I'll likely overlook some):

Robbie Hiner
Rebecca St. James
Big Tent Revival
Mark Lowry
Michael English