Honored Contributor

Re: Famous People That You Have Met

[ Edited ]

As a child I knew all the Mercury astronauts, and I met JFK when he was still a senator. I was about 8 or 9 and he told me he would be the President someday. I thought he was so handsome and nice. I think I had a crush on him.

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby Morena Baccarin is so lovely. I am listening to a book on cd that she reads & she does a wonderful job.

I was on a flight with Morgan Fairchild, but didn't meet her. FYI Have you seen her mattress commercials? Sort of sad.

I sold makeup to Carrot Top-he's an NW25 & used Mac Studio Finish Concealer & Espresso eye shadow as eyeliner. 

Tina & Maya Rose Frampton came in a lot for makeup, too. Tina always had my friend Jennifer do her Halloween makeup.

I have a square of toilet paper from Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgewick's apartment in NYC. They weren't there, but it was a beautiful, but very homey apartment. I needed a souvenier, but I though Kev might miss those Levi's that were lying on the bed.

Respected Contributor

Not many.  John Denver, Dandy Don Meredith, Lantz Rentzel, Tom Landry, Tony Bennet, Alan Greenspan, 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elvis Presley

Frank Sinatra's road manager (on a flight to San Diego, gave me a lapel pin with "S" on it)

Mark Wills (lives close to us, country singer, great guy)

Tom Glavine (Braves)

Dale Murphy (Braves)

Greg Olson  (Braves)

David Justice (Braves)

Pat Summitt... her name speaks for its self

Phil Fulmer (Tennessee Volunteer 

Eric, Evan and Elliott Berry (his Mom too) (Tennessee)

Josh Dobbs and family  (Tennessee)

Ron Gant (Braves)

Kent Mercker (Braves)

Ann Marie Johnson (actress, In the heat of the night)

Anne River Siddons (Author)

Casey Clausen (former QB Tennessee)

Butch Jones (Tennessee)

Conredge Holloway (Tennessee)

Senator Bob Corker (Tennessee)

Steve Spurrier (knew him since he played for Science Hill High School and he still hangs with my cousin in Kingsport)

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@birkin baby Morena Baccarin is so lovely. I am listening to a book on cd that she reads & she does a wonderful job.

I was on a flight with Morgan Fairchild, but didn't meet her. FYI Have you seen her mattress commercials? Sort of sad.

I sold makeup to Carrot Top-he's an NW25 & used Mac Studio Finish Concealer & Espresso eye shadow as eyeliner. 

Tina & Maya Rose Frampton came in a lot for makeup, too. Tina always had my friend Jennifer do her Halloween makeup.

I have a square of toilet paper from Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgewick's apartment in NYC. They weren't there, but it was a beautiful, but very homey apartment. I needed a souvenier, but I though Kev might miss those Levi's that were lying on the bed.

Sat next to Morgan Fairchild in college at SMU in maybe 1970,  Her name was Patsy. Her hair wasnt blond.  But boy did she stand out.  Big hair and lots of makeup and dressed up.  Unusual especially for a morning class.  Dont believe she graduated because i never saw her in any other classes.  YEars later i realized who she was.

Contributor

I met Connie Stevens, when she was on HSN, and we went to a weekend down there for her cosmetics.  So much fun and she was great.

I also met Oprah.

I've met Vince Gill twice.

Frequent Contributor

Ted Williams when I was very young,  Loretta Swit at a jewelry show in D.C., Leslie Neilson at Logan Airport(he was going to Canada), and Lyle Lovett at the Houston, Tx airport.   I got autographs from Loretta Swit and Leslie Neilson. 

Respected Contributor

Debbie Reynolds...my nephew works for her. He got us free tickets to one of her shows and an invite to the meet and greet reception afterward.

She was very sweet. We had our photo taken with her...which my nephew later had framed and autographed for each of us.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

Terry Bradshaw (Qback Pittsburgh Steelers) - friend and I saw him in a bar and sent him a drink - he came over and chatted and signed a menu for my friend's dad, who was a HUGE fan - he was so nice!

Chris Berman (ESPN) - DH, DS and I used to watch him every Sunday night - years ago!

I was on my cell phone, saw him at an airport and he talked with DH on the phone and signed an autograph for DS.

Saw Heather Locklear shopping with her daughter - so beatuiful and tiny~

Honored Contributor

I was born and grew up in Southern California so quite a few.  When I was about 11 or 12 a neighbor girl's uncle was the captain on John Wayne's yacht that was moored in Newport Beach.  We used to go out on that frequently until he sold it.  He was always very nice to me.  

There used to be many restaurant in the LA area with unlisted phone numbers where the celebrities went.  Anyone could go there but you had to know about them.  They did not want tourists there.  We used to go to Ma Maison often because the food was great and they had a wonderful patio.  There were always famous people there.  

Growing up my sister and I were always taught to leave them alone and not stare.  

Now it seems they want to be photographed at various restaurants, etc.