Trusted Contributor

Re: Famous People That You Have Met

[ Edited ]

@Pandalady wrote:

@sandraskates  First of all, I love your nickname! I love figure skating and that is quite an impressive list of skaters you have met!Cat Very Happy  How fun!!

@Pandalady Thank you!

I could add Dorothy Hamill to that list too. And all of them were very nice and uplifting to be around. It was no surprise to me that Tara won an Olympic gold medal; her work ethic was stellar.

This is a fun thread and I'm enjoying - and envying - who other posters have met.

@JeanLouiseFinch Gene Simmons??!!! With or without his KISS gear on?

Super Contributor

James Taylor

Susan Day

Tippi Hedren

Stephen Baldwin ( don't think he is considered "famous")  oh well... tee hee.

Shirley ( from Laverne and Shirley) ugh. real name escapes me at the moment, sorry

Cal Ripken

Roger Fisher ( original guitarist from the Rock Band "Heart"

Honored Contributor

sandraskates wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Gene Simmons??!!! With or without his KISS gear on?

@sandraskates - I like your list!!  LOVE some of those skaters.  Yeah, no big deal meeting Gene really.  He's a total windbag.  No KISS gear, he was wearing an off-white suit with a black shirt, and his hair was like a helmet.  We were at an Indy Car event.  He was an investor in some degree.  Someone my husband used to work with had connections.  She invited us to a tent for pre-race festivities, knowing we were celebrating our anniversary that day.  So Gene arrived and did a little gladhanding around the tent.  Then he said something about a couple celebrating their anniversary.  So we got called up front by him, and GS of all people tried to give us marital advice.  It was laughable....us who had been married a very long time vs. Gene who wasn't, but he was speaking like he was the authority.  Like I said, a big windbag.  SMH

Respected Contributor

Diane Sawyer, Stanly Tucci, Claire Danes, Jeff Goldblum, Kevin Bacon, Olympia Ducakis,Steven Baldwin, Nathan Lane and a few others I do not remember.

I have met these people in different life circumstances unrelated to their jobs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marie Osmond

Gerald Ford

Jimmy Carter

Rick Springfield

Adam Ant

Vicki Peterson (Bangles) 

Grant Show

Lori Laughlin

Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart)

KC and JoJo (Jodeci)

Morena Baccarin

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a teen, drove to Sonny & Cher's house with my BFF and was given a tour by both of them. Cher was only 2-1/2 yrs older than we were.

The cast of the original Mission:Impossible series - Peter Graves, Greg Morris, Peter Lupus. Mike Connors of Mannix.

Later, pretty much the entire cast of Star Trek: Deep Space 9 as I was heavily involved in fan/fan club activities and knew them pretty well.

Seen up close? Whoopi Goldberg, Henry Winkler, Pierce Brosnan and Julie Andrews.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I have met Steven Tyler and Joey Kramer, the drummer for Aerosmith. They were at a party at our friends house. Very down to earth people actually.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Oh, how I loved Sonny and Cher!  Still love Cher!  I think she is an absolutely awesome woman!!!  Lucky you!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@sandraskates

Back in the day, when figure skating was really popular all those people were just awesome.  Scott Hamilton was wonderful. Katarina --- gorgeous.  I loved all the Russian skaters, too.  I didn't miss watching them on T.V.  Did go to a couple of the skating shows but never got to meet anyone.  Awesome that you got to meet them!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike Tyson

Larry Hagman

Frank Gorshin

Robert Mitchum

General Colin Powell

Patrick Duffy

Ronald and Nancy Reagan