Honored Contributor

Re: Realizing how overwhelmed I am right now

@on the bay
You are so right about that!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I know the feeling.  I have things I could be doing during this time but just don't have the will.  I am restless and go from one thing to another.  Staying in does not bother me all that much but my husband is another story.  He agrees that we should be careful and swears he is when he goes out to the grocery store or subway but I know better.  He thinks he is careful but he really is not. This is a hard time for everyone.  All we can do is pray and be as careful as we can and stay home.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just for today:  I'm one day closer to this lifestyle being over.  (Repeat daily.)

This is good❤️ Thank you❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

Pick one thing and do it today. No need to rush just keep moving. Little by little you will get it done.

Honored Contributor

I was starting do get a little better last night and then I saw a obituary for someone who lives in the next building, I am in a huge garden apt complex, he is 52 and unfortunately you no longer wonder what people are dying of

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have 3 QVC packages sitting un opened, one box of shoes that has to go back to DSW, my Summer clothes sitting in a pile ready to be swapped out, and I have a lot  to no energy to do it. Everything is sitting in the living room and haunting me everywhere I look 

I am immuosupressed and right staying alive is a major priority 

I understand.  I've been at home since I'm also in a higher risk group.  

I help take care of my 88 yr old Dad and disabled sister and I can't go see them or help in person right now. Dad and my sister still live at home and do well but need help in some areas. We lost Mom 2 years ago and all I know is I wish I had more time with her. Now I'm missing time with Dad.  He's also struggling staying at home and not having any of his (7) kids and many grandkids visit.  I talk to him every day, sometimes several times a day, but it's not the same.  

On the plus side, I taught Dad how to order groceries online because his favorite store now offers free delivery to people over 60 or at risk. He loves grocery shopping and typically walks every aisle for  exercise. But shopping online helps fill time and he doesn't have to risk going to the store. I also gave him tips for walking and exercising at home which he's now doing.  

Honored Contributor

@katiemichelle 

Wow how did you draw your conclusions from my statement, this is a very rough time. I normally have a very nice life, which I have lost for the time being 

@katiemichelle wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have 3 QVC packages sitting un opened, one box of shoes that has to go back to DSW, my Summer clothes sitting in a pile ready to be swapped out, and I have a lot  to no energy to do it. Everything is sitting in the living room and haunting me everywhere I look 

I am immuosupressed and right staying alive is a major priority 

Almost everyone is overwhelmed right now, it seems you specifically have been overwhemed and unhappy for years.  Really, you are no different from anyone else here.  Many many people, including a good number here on this forum are worse off than you.  You think too much of yourself all the time.  In the past I have suggested you do some volunteer work, which you pooh-poohed.  Perhaps when things settle a bit you might try my suggestion.  Helping others tends to make you think less about yourself.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@I am still oxox,

Not a good time to be judgemental. People can't help how they feel and criticism does not help. Maybe just be there and let them vent or ask if there is anything you can do to make them feel better.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2,  do realize that is OP's siggy?  There is nothing judgemental about it, just a reminder to her.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

I am still ox ox, I feel your pain.  I have an AI disorder and it's been a difficult week for me.  My next infusion is next Monday morning and my DH can't go in with me,  but will have to sit in the parking lot for 3 hours.  We have been doing a self quarantine ourselves since March 13th.  The first two weeks went fast as we did a complete spring cleaning job in the house.  One day at a time.  It was not a lot of work for both of us helping each other out.  Last week I did a few things in the sewing  dept. that I have been putting off.  This week I am taking it easy.  Some days I don't feel like doing anything & I don't feel guilty about it.  Yesterday we had sunshine.  That  makes a difference in my mood.  Take care of yourself and this shall pass.  Hugs.

@twinny70, My infusion is Monday also. I received a call on Thursday from the infusion nurse and she said she was required to tell me that I would be much more likely to pick up this virus(100 times more likely) than people that are not immunocompromised. They wanted a commitment from me that I would go straight home and not have any contact with anyone for at least 3 weeks. I told her I was already doing that but my greatest fear was going into that building. I was shaken from the call.

Honored Contributor

On top of all this in regard to the virus, I am having to decide to put my sister (only sibling) in a nursing home!  She has Parkinson's disease and is unable to live alone any longer, I currently have 24/7 sitters with her right now, but that is very costly, I need to place her with a facility where Medicare helps pay the costs!  I am just overwhelmed, this could not have happened at a worse time, with this virus going around!