Respected Contributor

Re: Realizing how overwhelmed I am right now

@lulu1 wrote:

Who isn't overwhelmed? Due to my loneliness, I find I have more respect and empathy for families that have someone in the military serving actively.

Our son is a physician who has not seen his wife and 4 children in person for over 3 weeks.

My husband is a retired doctor who was called "back in" to help in NYC.  He left last Saturday.  I worry because last winter he suffered from blood clots in his lung and leg.  Even if he were off duty today, I could not see him for 14 days.

I am a cancer patient alone for who knows how long.

We all have crosses to bear but there is always someone who has a heavier one.

There are so many unsung heros out there.  @lulu1, thank you for the sacrifice both you and your family are making. 

This is why I stay home and don't for one second question why I can't do something or another.  Hang in there and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  P.S. I really do say prayers every day and evening for all our healthcare workers.  I know too many of them, so I mean it when I say you & your family are in my prayers.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

I'm with you there. I have depression and know it's taking over when I stand (or sit) and stare at things, unable to move or make decisions. In the past the Doc has been willing to boost my antidepressant dose up at bit. Needing to up the dose is actually pretty common. 

Any way, thinking of you and sending you Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@RoughDraft 

BTW, a teacher friend told me about Nakedwines.com.

I placed an order last week, and it appears that they also deliver to PA, in case you need to refresh your supply.

I haven't received my order, so I can't give a testimonial about the taste of the ones that I selected, but my friend was happy with her order.  

@lolakimono   Thanks for the information.  I have looked into Nakedwines and a few others and may give them a try.

However, the sun shone down on me last week and our supermarket just completed and stocked their new wine and beer section, so for now, I'm smiling.  PA. is finally clawing its way to civilization.  Woman Very Happy

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 being able to see that other people are suffering too and perhaps as much or more than you shows great generosity of spirit. We all need to look for that in ourselves right now, as we deal with this

The stuff I have been hearing  now ,from people close to me breaks my heart..It  doesn't make my problems and worries go away ,but it puts them into perspective..Many people have it far worse ,including you. God bless you my dear ,for your  compassion toward others

Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to all of you who are struggling right now.

I called Meals On Wheels a week ago and am on a wait list for food. Scary.

It never ceases to amaze me how many wealthy posters on these boards love to brag about how much they have and how great their lives are. They obviously live in a totally different world than those of us who are on low, fixed incomes, or are worrying about no longer having a paycheck coming in.

Hang in there everyone. That's about all we can do until this passes.Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 you and your family are in my prayers.  Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.