Esteemed Contributor

Re: Real Estate Question ...

@RinaRina  if you are the seller, you will have the name of the buyer because the name will be on the contract.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina Wait a few months and then google who lives at (place here the address of the residence sold).+

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tobes wrote:

@RinaRina Wait a few months and then google who lives at (place here the address of the residence sold).+

The person who lives there might not be the person who bought it. Could be a renter or someone else, for instance. Just because someone lives in a house doesn't necessarily mean that person is the owner of the house.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Lipstick Diva.

I guess it's probably a better idea to ask for cash only buyers, if the seller is in a hurry to sell.  If that's possible and/or legal in a state. 

No use in wondering and waiting for future non-cash buyers to officially qualify for a property loan.  It could take several months.

I've learned something here.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina  You can also look it up online. It is public information once the house is sold. I did that because we had 3 new neighbors at different houses at the same time and I wanted to remember their names. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

BESIDES calling the RE agent (which I've already done), is there a way I can find out who the buyer of a pending home sale is?

I take it that you are not the seller. The sale isn't closed. It's a private transaction between the buyer and the seller until the house is sold. You must be more than just curious if you're looking for ways to find out who the buyer is. I can understand curiosity but not taking no for an answer from the real estate agent makes the search sound fishy.

Honored Contributor

After a house is sold, how do you find out who bought it?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

we have property tax records that are public. i can access them via the internet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

we have property tax records that are public. i can access them via the internet.

Yes! @sunshine45 . DUH! I forgot about that...LOL! Thanks.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Thanks, Lipstick Diva.

I guess it's probably a better idea to ask for cash only buyers, if the seller is in a hurry to sell.  If that's possible and/or legal in a state. 

No use in wondering and waiting for future non-cash buyers to officially qualify for a property loan.  It could take several months.

I've learned something here.

It doesn't take months to qualify for a loan.

Most people need a loan to buy a home.  You cannot ask for cash only buyers.