Respected Contributor

BESIDES calling the RE agent (which I've already done), is there a way I can find out who the buyer of a pending home sale is?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Real Estate Question ...

You can ask the seller.

I don't believe the RE agent will give you any information on a pending sale.  May I ask why you want to know?

Esteemed Contributor

Why do you want to know?

I don't know if you can find out, you know, to prevent discrimination.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

I belive you can go to the court house and check with the tax office to see who the new owners are.  but this is after the sale is complete.

Honored Contributor

MIght this fall within the "pending" purchaser's legal right to privacy?

Honored Contributor

If I was the seller, I wouldn't disclose the potential buyers name or info, in case you intended to try to sabotage the sale.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

With privacy laws today, I don't think they could give this out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

BESIDES calling the RE agent (which I've already done), is there a way I can find out who the buyer of a pending home sale is?

I believe that would be private information.  I hope the agent wouldn't disclose that to you either.  

If you know the sellers, maybe they would give you their names.  

Respected Contributor

When my next door neighbor was selling her home two years ago, they were not allowed to ask any questions about who the buyer was. Their realtor said she could only tell her that she was a woman buying the home. 

Honored Contributor

State real estate law will determine whether the agent can reveal who the buyer is. I knew who was buying my house only because I was home when their agent brought them and he accepted my offer to show my house because he had never come to preview it.