Honored Contributor

Re: Random Posts About Queen Elizabeth

@lgfan wrote:
So you know for a fact that Diana, Sarah, Megan and Kate all had to vacuum, scrub floors, iron clothes and prepare children's lunches.

@lgfan 

Don't put words in my mouth.  That's not what I am saying, and you know it ....  although we have seen photos of Diana taking the kids to school.

Respected Contributor

I am not putting words in your mouth. You said that Diana, Sarah, Megan and Kate had less staff than the Queen. I just wanted some clarification on what you said.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Evidently, the Queen loved "washing up" so much, you can buy her dish liquid at Sandringham.

That is, if you believe Paul Burrell....

There’s a new royal product available at Queen Elizabeth’s Sandringham Estate that is said to ‘aid her in menial chores’, reported Express UK.

You can buy the washing up liquid at the shop on the Queen’s Norfolk estate that stocks “an extensive collection of artisan Norfolk products”.

The washing liquid was reportedly released after formal royal butler Paul Burrell revealed in 2020 that the Queen ‘often does her own washing up and likes it’.

Talking to The Secret podcast, Burrell revealed: “The Queen does like to go on picnics but the food is all prepared. She likes to wash up.”

He went on to add: “She puts on the Marigolds (cleaning gloves) and when she goes out to the log cabin at Balmoral she is stood there with her Marigolds on and she washes up and the lady-in-waiting dries.”

According to Burrell, the 95-year-old monarch “likes to get her hands wet in the sink.”

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/21/queen-launches-own-brand-of-washing-up-liquid-for-14-99-a-pop-1631555... 

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
So you know for a fact that Diana, Sarah, Megan and Kate all had to vacuum, scrub floors, iron clothes and prepare children's lunches.

@lgfan - LOL.  Makes them sound like modern-day Cinderellas, doesn't it?  Woman Wink

Face it, there are people who will never believe that the "Royals" have ever done a day's "work" in their lives.  It would be interesting, if those people could swap places for even a day, to see what it's like to have your life so circumscribed.  Then decide if they felt it was "worth it".

It always reminds me of the "walk a mile in my shoes" saying, but in this world, everyone will always have differing opinions, based on facts or otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh had one of the longest royal marriages, having been married for 74 years until his death in 2021.

The couple met when she was 13 and he was 18 when Philip gave Elizabeth and her sister Margaret a tour of the Royal Navy college where he studied.

Elizabeth was introduced to her future husband, the then-Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark and told the pair were third cousins.  She fell for him as he showed them around the grounds and he has been described as her only love.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I am not putting words in your mouth. You said that Diana, Sarah, Megan and Kate had less staff than the Queen. I just wanted some clarification on what you said.

@lgfan 

Well, yes, I DID assume that the queen had more household staff and aides than any of the princes' wives.  The queen's homes were bigger and it took more people to keep things running. 

However, I don't know the exact square footages of any of their residences, so there's that consideration, too. 

I am assuming that Charles & Diana's (and the others')  residences were not larger than the queen's homes.  I could be wrong, but have never seen information on that.  The square footage of any of their homes is merely speculation on my part.

Honored Contributor

I thought she led an interesting life and I do enjoy the history of it all but have to say----I am weary of the the TON coverage of this and that about her and the family--never was a big royal fan and really think the idea of a monarchy is dated and old fashion and pretty archaic. But then that is the state of media now--way too much about one thing or another--especially in our country--am more apt to turn the channel than listen to and watch the same things over and over----bury the woman and let her rest in peace!!

Honored Contributor

People are waiting  30 hours in line to see the procession  to honor Queen Elizabeth II 

I would not wait two hours in line....let alone 30. 

why not spend the time doing some good act to help the world..... feed the poor....lend a helping hand to someone in need...rather  than standing waiting to see this? Do not get it.  

Respected Contributor

The outpouring of respect for her is such a wonderful thing to see. I can't help but notice the lack of protestors, huge banners, and rowdy crowds that we see here every time there is a big event of any kind. It reminds me how far we have devolved as a country...respect and how to show it seems to be a thing of the past in the US.it makes me sad for our country, but am so happy to see it displayed there for this wonderful lady.  

Respected Contributor

I haven't been able to competely read *all* the late Queen Elizabeth II threads, or entries here yet, so I apologize if the following Info, LINK,  is redundant ...

.. I was curious as to where the late Queen Eliz was to be interred:

...   so I searched the web, & read the following....

"Where Will Queen Elizabeth Be Buried? All About the Monarch's Final Resting Place"

"Queen Elizabeth will be laid to rest beside her husband of 73 years, Prince Philip, at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle"

Additional info located on this  -->  LINK  <-- (same Link as above info)