Respected Contributor

Restaurant Owner is True to His Word

trattoria.png

Trattoria 903 of Jim Thorpe, PA "offers specials based on what is available in markets," which might explain why the owner has been charged with breaking into the freezer of a nearby Dollar General by cutting a hole from the outside wall.

He might have gotten away with the heist but his car got stuck on a septic tank cover.

Maybe he needed bacon, eggs or cheese?

Read the story at TNOnline dot com.

Honored Contributor

Re: Restaurant Owner is True to His Word

I can't even wrap my mind around that.  You gotta wonder about what's coming out of that restaurant's kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  I always thought "what's available in the markets" meant what could be found at farm stand or farmer's markets!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Wow!  I always thought "what's available in the markets" meant what could be found at farm stand or farmer's markets!

@millieshops 

around here they use the phrase "farm to table" to mean fresh and local rather than "whats available in the markets." to me that sounds like whatever we can find in the wholesale/restaurant supply stores is what we use.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't have expected Dollar General food in a restaurant.

Regardless, his reviews on Yelp are pretty good - overall, four stars out of five, 242 reviews - but they've been sliding in recent months.

Honored Contributor

He truly owns those words.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45    To me, it sounded like that owner's idea was what he could steal locally

Honored Contributor

Thank the Lord for stupid criminals.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   I only saw that he drilled a hole into the freeze and into another part of the wall.  He dumped two shelves of the freezer onto the floor.

It looked like he was trying to enter DG to steal other products and not the frozen food.

Intersting that the registration for the vehicle he was driving was for a Volvo but he was driving a Ford Focus.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

" Hassan Chafiq, 59, owner of Trattoria 903, was preliminarily arraigned Tuesday afternoon in front of Magisterial District Judge Eric Schrantz and remains in Carbon County Prison in lieu of $75,000 bail. "

"Chafiq faces one count each of burglary, criminal mischief, criminal trespass-breaking into structure, criminal trespass-simple trespasser, defiant trespass, possessing an instrument of crime with intent to use it, abandoning a vehicle, fraudulent use-removal of registration plate, damage to real property by operating a motor vehicle, and accidents involving to damage to unattended vehicle or property. "