Honored Contributor

Jaqui Stafford is Going to the Queen's Funeral

Jacqui Stafford, Isaac Mizrahi's brand ambassador on QVC, said she is going to Queen Elizabeth II's funeral.

I read that Westminster Abbey has roughly 2,000 seats to accommodate the extensive list of those invited.  Jacqui didn't elaborate regarding the invite.  Aside from working for Isaac, she's a stylist for many high-end clients in New York, London and Paris.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jaqui Stafford is Going to the Queen's Funeral

That is very impressive -- especially since it is impossible for past heads of state to attend unless they've received an individual invitation.

Quite a feather in her cap!

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I was surprised to read that Sandra Oh will be attending as part of the Canadian delegation as she is a member of the Order of Canada.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I suspect anyone can go as long as they can get transporation but being allowed entry when US presidents are not allowed entry begs the question "Is she going to do hair and dress people, or is she going as a proper attendee?"  I am not sure what clientele are hers but if I had big money in the world, I would find someone who was worthy of my business and from what I have seen, albeit I like her, she would not be my choice for stylist.

Honored Contributor

Is she going to the funeral, or "going to the funeral" to stand on the street or sit on the grass?  Anyone can "go" to the funeral.  

Honored Contributor

Good questions.  She only said "I'm going to the funeral."  

Honored Contributor

Maybe she plans to stand outside with the mob and watch on TV?

As a side note:  I heard on the news that all air traffic from Heathrow will be halted during the services so there wil! 

be no noise.  Methinks they're carrying this too far.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

she has extensive background, wouldn't be surprised she'd have connections

plus i recall her referencing her twin being a muckity muck over there or somewhere, which might be a connection

no matter why or how........glad she will get to go

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Is she going to the funeral, or "going to the funeral" to stand on the street or sit on the grass?  Anyone can "go" to the funeral.  

This is exactly what I thought!  I can "go to the funeral" too if I bought a plane ticket to London.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe she plans to stand outside with the mob and watch on TV?

As a side note:  I heard on the news that all air traffic from Heathrow will be halted during the services so there wil! 

be no noise.  Methinks they're carrying this too far.

Shoekitty said.  I think the air traffic halt is security. They said 80% of top world  leaders would  be there, plus visitors and mourners.  They said it is high alert for terrorists and such. The police force is the largest ever in history. They brought in from all over   They said it on news today it was the highest security alert they have had.