Regular Contributor

Re: Posters Will Try Anything

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I make it a point to never click on a posted link.

Bingo!   I don't click on strange links either.  I think it's a lazy way to post.  We should be sharing thoughts and ideas.  Here...click on this....is not my idea of a conversation.  

(my bold)

Completely disagree.

Nevermind that links can provide useful and insightful information and opinions upon which to build a discussion or conversation, I hate looooong  posts with the entire contents of links or articles in them. 

ETA

Now I really must go buy CUPCAKES for tonight. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you post from a news consolidation site the stories in the side rail (which is what it is actually called) often have nothing whatsoever to do with the content to which you linked. Even posting from a generic site like youtube can have side rail content that changes or which you did not intend to share.

I think most of us do the best we can. To me, this is an over-reach and an over-reaction by the moderators. But, of course, I think they have a trigger finger under the best of circumstances.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

image.pnghttps___encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com_images_q=tbn_ANd9GcRzSpnRG8Vo9ZWKaio_3kQ2jpud3-PEygGRPc-XcESaaiH1bgMz-QI'm trying to think of something to write on it that will get me in big trouble.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I just sometimes don't get what posters are talking about!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I'm going to post a sidewall. It's Independence Day, after all.

Now go check your air, everybody. Some of you may find you're overinflated.

sidewalls.gif

Respected Contributor

If the sidewall changes and was not showing anything controversial at the time it was pasted then how is that the fault of the person who posted it. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann  LOL, love that!

Honored Contributor

I consider myself fairly Internet savvy, but I freely admit not seeing or noticing messages on the side of a webpage, since I am focusing on the main information in order to post a link either for information purposes or support for what I'm posting, the latter of which I think is not only acceptable but helpful.

And I have to say that as a poster who is usually in good standing here, I resent the subject line of this thread. It never occurred to me that anyone is secretly trying to sneak in a message of any sort.

But if it happens accidentally, then fine. If the mods see it, they'll take care of it. End of story.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Could someone post a link that will take me directly to one of those cupcakes?  

A real one please, virtual cupcakes don't cut it!

TYIA

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Surely it could be innocent but when the mods. explain the issue the challenging/ temper tantrum ensues. 

I agree with the OP.  You were told...act like an adult.