Respected Contributor

Re: Posters Will Try Anything

@151949 wrote:

@makena wrote:

People are slick thinking they can post links on a side wall.  I've seen several attempts at this.  Give the mods more credit than that.

After all this time I still can't get over how some people just flat out simply refuse to follow the rules.  It's fairly easy to me -- join the community based on the guidelines clearly stated.  Act like an adult.

Very little acting like a mature adult goes on this board.

Oh the irony

Regular Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Ok sounds like a slap-fast is starting so everyone have a great 4th and have a cupcake!

Oh, thanks. NOW I WANT A CUPCAKE!Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Alice-QVC.  Hope you are having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

I think there are some who unknowingly post links with inappropriate sidebars, and sometimes the sidebars may have changed due to a website's update since the link was shared.  

However, I also think there are some posters here who will try to slip in a message whether it be a link with sidebars, a veiled attempt in a Beauty, TV, or Fashion thread, or by commenting with multiple usernames.  I think @makena has made a good point about them in the OP, and it's a shame QVC doesn't do more to reel in those people.

Honored Contributor

33233936-close-up-of-rich-chocolate-cakes--focus-on-middle-cake.jpg

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

People are slick thinking they can post links on a side wall.  I've seen several attempts at this.  Give the mods more credit than that.

After all this time I still can't get over how some people just flat out simply refuse to follow the rules.  It's fairly easy to me -- join the community based on the guidelines clearly stated.  Act like an adult.

You sound like a moderator in training...lol   What is a "side wall", inquiring minds want to know.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I make it a point to never click on a posted link.

Bingo!   I don't click on strange links either.  I think it's a lazy way to post.  We should be sharing thoughts and ideas.  Here...click on this....is not my idea of a conversation.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure why it's assumed that someone linked you to something on the side wall rather than the actual article. 

You're saying people should "act like an adult," but how about not making assumptions and focusing on the body of the article?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

This seems overblown to me.  I see qvc vendors on my facebook and sidewalls all of the time.  But they change by the minute.  I think this is just a bit too much like Big Brother.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I make it a point to never click on a posted link.

Bingo!   I don't click on strange links either.  I think it's a lazy way to post.  We should be sharing thoughts and ideas.  Here...click on this....is not my idea of a conversation.  

Tell that to the "debating" posters who feel that every opinion, POV, etc should be backed up with "facts" in print, and stridently demand "what are your sources?/Prove it!" There are posters who have no interest in actual conversation, just in posting "dueling facts." And then there's Your Facts S*ck/are Bogus, My Facts are Valid/True.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all