Respected Contributor

Report on Steve Scalise Coming On

Spoiler

Report from hospital staff coming on now to delivery new info.

Respected Contributor

Re: Report on Steve Scalise Coming On

[ Edited ]

so, we didn't know how close to death he was in those first hours.  and he is in a better place now and has been roused, though sedated,  to talk to family and doctors which means he has that capacity. the loss of blood could have jeopardized so many functions.  the doctor who spoke said that his risk of death had dropped, that surgeries are in his future, that many risks remain due to possibility of complications, infection as further treatments are necessary and  time goes on.  there is a belief that he will walk and has a chance at a good recovery if things continue to go the right way.  in short he was in very bad shape and is progressing -  

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers images

Honored Contributor

We must create a climate in which these assassination attempts dwindle.  Thank goodness Rep. Scalise and the other wounded are still alive and getting good care.  There is undeniably a long road ahead though.

Honored Contributor

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, who was shot during a Republican baseball team's practice last month, has been readmitted to the intensive care unit in serious condition at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, the hospital announced Wednesday. Scalise had been listed in fair condition following several surgeries.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/06/steve-scalise-hospital-intensive-care-unit/4...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only thing I read is that he was readmitted due to an infection. Not surprised given the extent of his injuries.

Honored Contributor

This has to be so painful for the family, the uncertainty of his condition, not to mention what Rep. Scalise is going through. 

I hope he recovers completely.

Honored Contributor

news reports had said he was actually on his feet about 24 hours ago. this is a very sad setback. i hope he is able to pull through all of this also @Noel7.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

news reports had said he was actually on his feet about 24 hours ago. this is a very sad setback. i hope he is able to pull through all of this also @Noel7.

The news reports I read online stated that the docs had expected an infection would set in.