Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I was lucky enough to have been born in time to enjoy the big bands, Frank, P. Como, Nat King Cole, j.Mathis, Bing, Dean, etc.  But you don't have to be old to appreciate class and quality. And REAL melodious music.

@Perkup....I was too....  Just love to watch some of those oldies......  They just don't make then like that any more.  And I (my opinion) feel that is a shame.  The bands of today just don't have it for us oldsters.  

American Bandstand...now I am dating myself but we can't stay young forever.  All of the singers you mentioned and others from that time period were such a pleasure to listen to, and we could understand every word. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum

I grew up watching the original Perry Como show, Andy Williams Show and Tennessee Ernie shows.I just can't watch the Christmas shows of the last decade --- I don't know most of the performers and I'm still missing the shows from the past. They were all in black & white and they were still GREAT.

Years ago, my friends and I were driving in the Beverly Hills area - and the tv stars were exiting Chasen's Restaurant after watching some sporting event. So we got out of the car and stood on the sidewalk to watch them leave. My friend said to me, "Andy Williams is behind u - and I turned around and said, WHERE?? She said right behind you. I turned around again - and Andy was around 5'5" tall. His face was beet red. I always thought he was around 6' tall.