Honored Contributor

PBS had The Carpenters on last night, and I really enjoyed it!

Esteemed Contributor

My PBS stations - I get four of them - are my go to TV for night.  Am almost always watching one of the four stations.  Good shows, great programming and enjoyable entertainment!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

My PBS stations - I get four of them - are my go to TV for night.  Am almost always watching one of the four stations.  Good shows, great programming and enjoyable entertainment!!

@corita....now you're sounding like me.  I do have a few other stations I watch....but in my bedroom it is usually PBS.  Can always learn something new on those channels.

Esteemed Contributor

Perry Como's shows were always terrific.  His Christmas shows were wonderful!!!!

I miss these types of shows on network tv!

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

PBS had The Carpenters on last night, and I really enjoyed it!

Another favorite of mine.  They were wonderful.  I can remember their TV show.  I was pretty young but still loved her voice and I think I had a crush on Richard...Of course, at that age who didn't I have a crush on...

Honored Contributor

I appreciate all of the classics but my preference is Alabama's Christmas, Manheim Steam Roller, (they had a wonderful holiday special a few years back), and a few others.

Enjoy and do what makes your heart smile!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Perry Como special.  What a great show.  You would think I was 100 years old with some of the shows I watch!

He was way before my time but I remember mom and dad listening to his music as well as Andy Williams and so many others.  It's cold out and I just came in from working in the yard, heated some apple cider and now Perry!  Starting to feel like Christmas and the Holiday season finally.

Hope everyone enjoys their evening!

@Jtdmum  For some reason I just can't get into watching the newer Hallmark or other movies...just the old classic ones and I'm near 60 yrs old (I'll be 59 in a couple of weeks).

I watch a lot of the old movies over and over again from Thanksgiving til just after New Year's Day. My top go-to top favorites are 'It Happened on 5th Ave', 'White Christmas', 'Shop Around the Corner' and 'Holiday Inn' We also watch all of the various Scrooge movies made over the years too  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

After I got off of here yesterday, I tuned into PBS and listened to my favorite guy (Johnny Mathis) and the Carpenters.....I love to lay in my Sleep Number bed, (in upright position) and watch TV.  There I layed/sat with tears in my eyes listening to songs my late husband and I would dance to.  So many memories.

You know (off topic) I think one of the worst things that could happen to someone is to take away their memory.  I turn 72 this coming week and here's my theory or memories.

Are you ready for this?  OK, so when we are young, we are busy making memories.  Our lives are very, very full with family, children (our's and other's).  We are making new memories minute to minute.

Then when we get old(er) something will trigger a memory from our past (hopefully good one's) and we're able to reflect on them.

I do that all of the time.  I find it amazing the things I can remember now that I haven't thought about for years.  Some of them are so vivid it's as if I'm back there all over again.

I find it very comforting.  Hopefully, we learn from the mistakes we've made (being careful to forgive ourselves and other's).

I used to tell my 3 girls when something wonderful happened in their life, "Grab the memory, hold on tight and place it right there in your heart.  That way when you are blue or get old you'll be able to bring it out and enjoy it all over again.  Just remember to learn from the boo boos, don't keep them, move on from them".

Not easy but we are better people if we can.  In my family there have been very difficult times from difficult people.  Those who have forgiven others are much better for doing so.

Phew!  Enough of the bla bla.  I know you guys are probably like, "Oh!  No!  Here she goes".  Ha!

Gonna go for now.  Have a good day tomorrow.

It's snowing in Northern Va and they're already talking about school closing.  My daughter in Denver said it was sunny and 53 there today.  Ugh!  Wish I was back in Denver.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66     You sound like a very nice person.I hear ya. Have a very nice Christmas and take care. [I love Dino!]

Occasional Contributor

If you have access to the Internet, google the Dean Martin Christmas Specials. The 60's shows are awesome!