Frequent Contributor

Thank you for all your answers. This was a fun thread and saw a couple I might try. 

I don't eat mayo at all. I understand why it always had to me Hellman's Mayo.

My late brother couldn't get enough bananas with spoonfuls of mayo on each bite. DH eats Hellman's on everything.

Thanks again

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I love fried Spam covered lightly in pancake syrup, with plain French toast.

Hot dogs loaded with mustard, chili, onions, and dill pickle chips.   

@RedTop

Only wayI eat spam is by sauteeing it in Mrs Butterworth's - it forms a nice yummy crust.  But, I like is as a meal with green beans and mashed potatoes/rice!

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I like catsup on potato latkes

I often put ketchup on mashed potatoes and rice, but keep my potato pancakes topped with applesauce and maple syrup - yum!

Honored Contributor

Chopped spinach in chicken broth with cut up hard boiled eggs and grated cheese.  Just had it yesterday!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

A really good piece of chocolate (preferably with almonds) or a dark chocolate brownie and a glass of red wine, like Robert Mondavi Private selection Cab aged in bourbon barrels. Yum.

Pears (not too ripe) with a soft cheese like St. Nectaire. Or even with a robust blue cheese.

Apple slices with all natural organic crunchy peanut butter (favorite of my doggies too!).

Rosemary fries.

Rosemary and olive oil on popcorn.

Rosemary crackers with jalepeno or some type of spicy jam/jelly and cream cheese.

ETA: I forgot one of my all time favorites-Lavender Latte made with real lavender! Who would have thought that could be so delicous? Also a mocha with tons of chili powder in it. Yum.

@HappyDaze

Now I want to try a lavendar latte in the worst way!  My niece--the pastry chef makes lavendar macarons and a neighborhood bakery offers lemon lavendar muffins.

@magicmoodz mmmm those sound good too! I know our local French bakery makes some lavender sweets too. I bought some dried lavender flowers and plan to make my own lavender syrup so I can make my own lavender lattes. The place I usually get them they make their own too and then they sprinkle some of the dried flowers on top. Kind of funny to crunch on some lavender flowers while drinking your coffee, lol. You don't have to have them on top but I like it. Smiley Happy It is really good iced too! Oh man now I need to go get one. I think I will do that tomorrow. The place is like 35 minutes from my house but worth it! Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze

I am definitely going to purchase some culinary grade lavender and experiment.  The next time you go for a latte, you should ask for the recipe and then share with us!  😊

Occasional Contributor

Peanut butter and bacon sandwich.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@HappyDaze

I am definitely going to purchase some culinary grade lavender and experiment.  The next time you go for a latte, you should ask for the recipe and then share with us!  😊

@magicmoodz I just went there today specifically to get a lavender latte but ended up with a pumpkin spice latte instead!! They make all their own "syrups" and they are not super sweet like most places. The pumpkin spice mix is made with organice pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon. It was exquisite! Had I seen your post beforehand I would have asked about their homemade lavender mix but I found one online I am going to try. Here it is.

"To make the syrup:
Mix equal parts sugar and water in a pot over medium heat until sugar has dissolved (I used 1 cup each). Add in 3 tablespoons dried lavender and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and let steep for 30-60 minutes, depending on how strong you want the flavor. I think I did mine for about 45 minutes. Strain the buds out using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store the syrup in the refrigerator for up to a month.

To make a latte with the syrup:
Heat up 1/2-3/4cup of milk and a tablespoon of lavender syrup and whisk until frothy. I poured the milk over a double aeropress "shot" and topped with the milky foam. It's not high class but it does the job perfectly!"

"Here is another recipe I want to try. LOVE the idea of drizzling it over orange slices or berries but even better maybe some vanilla ice cream??

"Honey Lavender Syrup

Ingredients:

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup honey
  • 2 TBSP lavender buds

Directions:

In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1 cup honey, 1 cup water, and 2 TBSP lavender buds. Stir and bring to a simmer. Watch carefully so it doesn’t boil over. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min. Strain out lavender.

• Honey Lavender Latte: Combine 8 oz. espresso, 6 oz, steamed milk, and  honey lavender syrup to taste.
  • Honey Lavender Lemonade: Combine 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 cup honey lavender syrup and 2 cups water, and stir.
  • Honey Lavender Spritzer: Add a splash to sparkling water for a refreshing treat. Top off with some half and half or cream to make a honey lavender Italian soda.
  • Drizzle over orange slices or fresh berries for dessert.
  • Add to hot or iced tea to sweeten."
Esteemed Contributor

Both of my pregnancies, I ate:

braunschweiger sandwich with yellow mustard and dill pickles,

and

Slurpees and Hostess Snowballs,

and on the way to my OB appointments: White Castle

I still want to eat the braunschweiger sandwiches but the calories keep me from buying it.

I haven't had a Slurpee Hostess Snowball combo for decades.

We still get White Castle from time to time, but no more OB visits.

Honored Contributor

Confession- I love to make "cranberry" sauce with mixed berries, sometimes not even including cranberries at all.

One of my very favorite dinners is a big chunk of roasted white meat chicken with berry sauce.  I sweeten mine with Stevia.

Esteemed Contributor

fried eggs with ketchup

leftover meatloaf sandwich with mayo and cheese

I used to eat a can of sardines every day after HS.

Lawry's seasoned salt on popcorn