Honored Contributor

Re: Odd Food Combos

[ Edited ]

Anchovy and jalapeno pizza.  It's killer.

ETA:

This is also good with a bit of pineapple.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

How kind of you to share these recipes.  I am excited to try them out.  I just looked online to see if I could run to Penzey's to purchase lavender.  It appears they don't sell it.  

I would ask my niece to be my supplier, but she has relocated to another city. I am now, however, on a mission.  Thank you again!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@HappyDaze

How kind of you to share these recipes.  I am excited to try them out.  I just looked online to see if I could run to Penzey's to purchase lavender.  It appears they don't sell it.  

I would ask my niece to be my supplier, but she has relocated to another city. I am now, however, on a mission.  Thank you again!

@magicmoodz I buy either Frontier organic or mountain rose herbs organic. There are a few different variations of lavender they use, some are better for consumption than others and then some just depend on your preference in terms of flavor- more fruity/floral  vs. more medicinal for example. Good luck!! 

Respected Contributor

I had a roommate who put maple syrup on scrambled eggs.

Honored Contributor

Mashed potato and white bread sandwich!  YUM!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

A really good piece of chocolate (preferably with almonds) or a dark chocolate brownie and a glass of red wine, like Robert Mondavi Private selection Cab aged in bourbon barrels. Yum.

Pears (not too ripe) with a soft cheese like St. Nectaire. Or even with a robust blue cheese.

Apple slices with all natural organic crunchy peanut butter (favorite of my doggies too!).

Rosemary fries.

Rosemary and olive oil on popcorn.

Rosemary crackers with jalepeno or some type of spicy jam/jelly and cream cheese.

ETA: I forgot one of my all time favorites-Lavender Latte made with real lavender! Who would have thought that could be so delicous? Also a mocha with tons of chili powder in it. Yum.

@HappyDaze 

I don't consider any of these to be odd.  They are rather sophisticated, in my view.  I have had all of these. 

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I dip pretzels in ice cream-- both vanilla and chocolate are good!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Sardines and blue cheese on crackers

ketchup and cottage cheese

cheddar cheese and apple pie

Strawberries and balsamic vinegar

I think,  @Carmie,  your Aunt Dottie's sandwich could be my new favorite.  It sounds very tasty.😀

@Golden_Oldie  Thank you for starting this thread.  It was fun reading everyone's answers!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

My dad used to eat potato chip sandwiches.  Bread, butter and potato chips.  LOL

I love salsa on my smoked turkey sandwiches.  Yummy!

I also put leftover broccoli, cawliflower or both in my scrambled eggs.  Yum!

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

My youngest daughter likes a coffee/chai tea hot drink called a "dirty hippie." How she can drink both together is beyond me, it's one or the other. LOL

Interesting, I'd like to try that one, what's the tea to coffee ratio?