Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Are Experiencing Skin Rash

Thanks for the info.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@OooLaLa

I had a rash and went to see several doctors. The product that was causing the rash was Cottonelle TP. 

I called the company and talked to two different people. They asked for information, packaging that it came in and ask if I went to the doctor.

I was reimbursed for the cost of their product and all doctors visits and lab work that was done. 

The claim was paid out by their insurance company. 

Please contact the companies, that make the products that caused your rash. 

I crossed off my SS number and confidential info on the bills I sent.

If I can help you,  or answer any questions please let me know.

Frequent Contributor

@butterfly123thank you!  When I began reading labels of products I was using, I filled up a large plastic bag to be tossed.  It would take forever to try to be reimbursed.  I just want to heal and to share what I've learned.  I also would like to see such a harmful chemical removed from products, as were sulfates, DEA and other "poisons" causing harm to unsuspecting consumers.  And I promise, I'm not a fanatic! I have photos which would explain where I'm coming from.

Esteemed Contributor

I find this alarming and feel we all need to wake up!

I read a few labels after reading this thread and found that SKINN's Enzyme and Olive Oil Wipes contain this chemical.  His AM and PM cleansers, Hand Restore, and the DermApeel do not.

I would love to read an extensive list of products that do not contain it.  We can share here and help one another.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

when I worked at one school I found the skin on my finger tips kept cracking deeply. I was embarrassed wearing band aids on my fingers all the time. A cafeteria worker noticed and asked me about them. It turns out she, and many others in school had the same problem. We figured out it was the liquid soap they filled the dispensers with! We began bringing our own soap and we all cleared up!

its hard to know what to use any more!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@OooLaLa

I don't think you are a fanatic. You are however very kind and a great advocate for sharing your experience. The doctor's kept telling me I had a yeast infection and did the tests and they were negative. 

I called the clinic and asked to be seen again and a retired doctor was filling in for vacations. 

He was very thorough and told me the area looked like a chemical burn. We discussed if I had been using something different. Soaps, laundry detergent etc. and I had not. 

I was very mindful of when the pain increased and discontinued the Cottonelle. 24-36 hours later the pain had decreased significantly. 

I looked on the Internet and found lawsuits that had been filed and also noticed the huge amount of ingredients banned in Europe. 

When I called the company, they would not tell me all the items that are used to make their product. However, the company was very quick to send prepaid labels and boxes for the products and medical bills to be mailed back to them.

Some companies don't want the consumer to find out what is in their products.

I agree that dangerous chemicals and additives should be banned. 

The word "all natural" should be banned from labels also. 

I hope many people read your post and read the links you provided. This will help many who had the wrong diagnosis as you experienced. 

Be well and thank you for the information. 

Frequent Contributor

@tends2dogs, I really didn't intend to name names, but unfortunately, the product you mentioned was among the products I reacted to before I was aware of MI, and I had to toss them.  I was VERY disappointed, and believe me, I've been purchasing products from that line for years.  And your idea of informing and helping each other is excellent!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry for all the adverse health problems that people have had to all the different stuff that is out there.

It is great that people have been able to eliminate the problem chemicals that their bodies react adversly to, but it is impossible to  eliminate ALL chemicals from everything, because, even water is a chemical, but we can do better.

People think that when they see the words "all natural" that that means "safe".

Well, heck, poison oak is all natural, yet, if I come in contact with it, I'll break out in hives, while others won't.

What you are allergic to, I may not be, and just because I'm not allergic to it today, doesn't mean that I won't be tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

You have a great idea of sharing and helping each other with products that contain problematic ingredients.

Also @OooLaLa I wish I could find the chart with the ingredients that are banned in Europe. 

Posting that list would also be beneficial. 

Frequent Contributor

butterfly123, this might be a good starting point:  https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=cosmetic+and+cleaning+chemicals+banned+in+europe

Not sure this would cover Cottonelle and some of the other products mentioned in the posts.

It IS encouraging to see that many who have posted are now doing well!