Respected Contributor

corona.jpg

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Seems like here in wa state---just the toilet paper is gone---why t.p.????? but most things are stocked. Well hand cleaner is gone too-----

Everything in my area is bare....no meat....no dairy....no eggs....no bread....no TP....no NOTHING  LOL!  I go to several stores and finally found some soup today...they had a decent amount so I bought 6 cans.....not 60!

So ya I am sick of people acting badly....and worse trying to sell it online for 300% mark up!!

Respected Contributor

I have a GF I have bit my tongue as three weeks ago she was running around buying up  masks. This weekend running around looking for hand sanitizer, like a mission or game. Doubt she needed the last roll of TP she found.   For what ,she is retired and home able to wash her hands most of the time!!  She does not leave her home that often nor does any volunteer work to even be out. She irks me.

Our little Wal-Mart  was empty to bare with anything with a shelf life. They were well stocked with fresh produce which can be bare during our tourist season. 

Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

I'm like so many people here, I go to the store for a few items and I see that all the canned and frozen goods, so many things, are gone.

I don't feel comfortable only shopping once a week because if I stayed home and didn't shop for a week, it would be a bit more urgent to get food that just isn't there as of today.  I can wait now until things get stocked up, only things aren't getting stocked up.  So I continue hitting a store or two daily.

That"s exactly what we have done....couldn't get any meat eggs soup bread ...nothing...wasn't totally out but very low....now we have some but only due to H and I going out everyday 2 times a day and 2 different stores or more!  This way I can keep exposing myself constantly to contagion as the stores are stuffed full of people.  I don't shop for 3 months of supplies....my normal was to go up 2 times a week...no big loads of anything...just a few things.  Now there is nothing....and forget online unless you want to pay $50 a roll for TP on ebay or more LOL!  

I can see them doing not only TP but other essentials....toothpaste and other items.....jack the price up online like the TP....creating a new shortage of something.  Or Advil....OTC meds I could see people just going up and wiping out all the stores of it all and putting it online at $80 a bottle like those 2 greedy nasty CLovin brothers did with hand sanitizer.  That's probably happening right now as I type this.  

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

People are actually calling 911 because they cant find toilet paper....

And people are calling 911 when people cut in long lines at the grocery store...

LMAO!!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I think it's nonsense to hoard toilet paper because the coronavirus doesn't have that "issue" to begin with.  It's a respiratory disease.

@customerqvc2 Well, I don't know about you, but I do have to go to the bathroom whether or not I have a virus.  I also no longer get a Sears catalog.

Of course reasonable people will buy extra (not going to go to hoarding) amounts extra.  Most of us really don't want to run out.

I do not understand anyone saying they don't understand why anyone wouldn't have a few weeks supply in this day and age.  We have known for weeks this could happen.

Honored Contributor

The shelves in my stores are bare or are nearly bare. The worse part is that I can't get groceries delivered either because scheduling times are booked up and not available to place orders! Things are not looking good and I am concerned about running out of food. This is not going away and it's going to get worse. We have become so dependent on retail business for everything and when that starts to fail I think we are in big trouble.

Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

corona.jpg

OMG I Love this LOL!!!!!!!!

Where did you find it? I want to text it out to my kids.

Trusted Contributor

Remember when toilet paper was sold only in 4 roll package?  I always felt a bit embarrassed buying the huge packages of 8 or 12 (that in recent years ALL tell you how many rolls it is really equivalent to.)

I still generally look for a 4 roll pack, but they are the exception now.   Our family had 6 children.  I don't know how we ever got by because my mom never bought more than one 4 roll pack at a time. 

Respected Contributor

LOL, @tsavorite ! One of my kids texted it to me!

Muddling through...