Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The pet food section at my Walmart was looking bare, too. I bought the last box of Milk Bone biscuits in the 10-lb  size. Large bags of dog food were slim pickins. I was shocked.

People are hoarding pet food too, they're afraid they won't be allowed to go to stores to get it. My state is allowing grocery stores and pharmacies to stay open. My town has a Walmart, I don't know if it's open.

I have an auto ship from Chewy and yesterday I got an email saying they are trying hard to fulfill all the orders but they will be delayed. Usually it would be here today or tomorrow but it still hasn't shipped. 

Super Contributor

I went to the local Safeway this morning, toilet paper, meat, canned goods, and the bread aisles were all empty.  As of midnight tonight, our county and surrounding counties are to be sheltering in place.  I see that as another opportunity for hoarding.  Grocery stores and other essential stores are to remain open, but people are really panicking here.

I am just going to garden, read, do some jigsaw puzzles, clean out cupboards and drawers, and watch movies.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm like so many people here, I go to the store for a few items and I see that all the canned and frozen goods, so many things, are gone.

I don't feel comfortable only shopping once a week because if I stayed home and didn't shop for a week, it would be a bit more urgent to get food that just isn't there as of today.  I can wait now until things get stocked up, only things aren't getting stocked up.  So I continue hitting a store or two daily.

Respected Contributor

A friend of mine is a realtor and she recently hosted an Open House. One of the potential buyers stole all of the owners' toilet paper.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Shaking my head...

2BFB74B2-0BA7-4218-941B-4DF75EE53F3E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The pet food section at my Walmart was looking bare, too. I bought the last box of Milk Bone biscuits in the 10-lb  size. Large bags of dog food were slim pickins. I was shocked.

@SilleeMee 

My sister said long lines at Petsmart and they were out of her cat's prescription cat food and my cat's regular food brand too.....HEB grocery out of my cat's brand food too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

People are actually calling 911 because they cant find toilet paper....

And people are calling 911 when people cut in long lines at the grocery store...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

When I first went to the grocery store was when the announcement that schools will be closed until further notice came out.  The stores were crazy.  This was last Thursday.  There was already no toilet paper and clorox wipes prior to this but now it was a free for all.  I went to Publix today to see if they had meat and thankfully they did.  The toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, etc. shelves are still empty but it looks like they're at least stocking other items.  Kroger isn't doing as good a job as Publix is in my area.  I went there today too and there was nothing in the meat department. 

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Shame on the stores for not limiting quantities during a time when hoarders are hoarding.

I am thinking the same thing.

Honored Contributor

There was nothing to hoard at the local Safeway, except for packets of corned beef, and AZ is not seriously affected by CV19.