Honored Contributor

Is anyone else tired of people hoarding items from grocery stores.  Good grief, if people would just buy what they need there would be no empty shelves.  I am in Reno and the last couple days have been ridiculous.  Had to go to 3 stores to get bread.

Schools are closed until April 16th  I am concerned about people who need child care in order to work.  The boys and gilrs club closed.  They provide a big service for working parents.  I hope the powers that be can help people pay their bills.  This is a big dominoe affect.

Valued Contributor

I think it's nonsense to hoard toilet paper because the coronavirus doesn't have that "issue" to begin with.  It's a respiratory disease.

Honored Contributor

Seems like here in wa state---just the toilet paper is gone---why t.p.????? but most things are stocked. Well hand cleaner is gone too-----

Super Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Seems like here in wa state---just the toilet paper is gone---why t.p.????? but most things are stocked. Well hand cleaner is gone too-----

I know it's crazy! I went shopping Fri and no TP plenty of papertowel, napkins, kleenex and of all things baby wipes. One would think the crazies would be stocking on the wipes. I just wanted what I normally buy once a month for TP the 12 Pack double roll. Fred Meyer brand I'd took any brand. I'm not out I have 6 rolls. I'm almost afraid to say it or type out loud that ..lol Thieves..lol 

Trusted Contributor

The toilet paper is the thing that makes the least sense to me. Even if you ended up getting quarantined you could online order stuff. So many people online order that stores are closing yet all of a sudden people are flooding the stores. Maybe people really thought everything would just shut down but I guess that never occurred to me.

Honored Contributor

Hey Yellow!  My husband told me that he was at the Walgreen's near us today and it was pretty cleaned out in pretty much every category.  Couldn't even get toothpaste!  what the heck!

I haven't been to a store since last Wednesday (Raley's) and it was fine then but I have a feeling that's changed.   It's terribly unfortunate that some people will hoard products instead of buying what they need so that others can buy what they need.  I just SMH at humans sometimes.  Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

All of our shelves were well stocked until this week.  I went shopping early this afternoon and saw a few rolls of TP in people"s carts and people were grumbling that there was no bottled water available.

Meat is in short supply too.  I wanted some ground beef and chicken wings..I went to three different stores and couldn't find any.

Canned soups and some bread products were mostly gone.  I saw some at Sam's club, but not a lot.

Fresh fruit and veggies were plentiful.  I bought dog food at a pet store ..no problem.  The store was well stocked.

I am surprised that there were still tons diapers on the shelves. I have to admit that I have never seen Sam's Club with empty racks and shelves before.

I just hope that everyone can find what they need to make it through this crisis and if not, those who have extra will share.

Honored Contributor

Went to Target today to buy some cat litter and a gallon of milk.  Their milk cooler was empty. Whaaat! Had to go to our HyVee and they had plenty of milk, just a much longer drive. Oh well,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Went to Reasor’s this morning and got soup, yogurt, crackers, etc. They had tp but didn’t get any because I had a big package from Sam’s.

I found what I needed and everyone was calm (9:30 an).

Went back to Sam’s for bacon and cat treats. Calm then. I didn’t check for paper products

Valued Contributor

Shame on the stores for not limiting quantities during a time when hoarders are hoarding.