Esteemed Contributor

I admit...I am not sure I want to eat at restaurants now...I prefer to eat at home. Have any of you decided the same?

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you now NOT eating out?

We went to a small local sushi place last night and it was empty, I think we might order in for the next few weeks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I totally agree.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

Definitely not eating out.  70 cases so far in my county.  1 death in my county. 2 deaths in my state,  NJ.

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 : A friend and I met out for lunch on Thursday. We're in our mid 70s. Weren't worried.

I don't eat out much but will when the occasion arrives unless places are shut down.

I'm being careful washing hands and wiping things down.

Maybe I should be scared but I'm really not.

Honored Contributor

No. I ate out three times this past week and had take-out once.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are still going out. Just went to a privately owned Italian restauran last night. Right now I am remaining calm about all of this. I am 70 and in excellent health. I know this can strike anyone but right now I am living my life as I normally would.

Honored Contributor

We don't eat out unless we are traveling and have no choice or are invited to go with friends..which is only a few times a year.

My DH does not like restaurant food, except for lobster, etc, served at fine seafood restaurants..  We eat at home most of the time.

We were supposed to go out with friends for the last four Saturdays and something always comes up...each time somone can't make it, so we cancel.

Maybe this coming Saturday?  I always wash my hands after touching the menu before I eat or touch the utensils.  I will go out to eat next weekend if our friends don't cancel again.

Honored Contributor

Long Island has over 100 cases and since the availability of tests has been delayed, there are probably many more. No more eating out for us for awhile...

Trusted Contributor

No, if you ever tried eating speghetti with a mask on, it's very cumbersome.