Honored Contributor

Re: Heeeeeeeeeeere's Archie!

If one took the time to examine and work on their own character flaws, one might realize that the problem is within, and not about Meghan.

I don't hold her in any high esteem;  I simply enjoy seeing wee Archie just as much as I enjoy seeing the other royal children.

There is a reason why some cannot move passed being negative.  And the reason is not Meghan.

Have a good evening.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Heeeeeeeeeeere's Archie!7

@Linmo wrote:

Such a cute video of Archie and his mom!  He definitely looks more like Harry with a touch of Meghan's father thrown in there.  It was nice for them to do this for Save The Children and to give us a peek at Archie on his first birthday. 

Personally, I don't understand why it bothers some if they were also trying to promote Meghan's vocal talents as well.  They want to become financially independent in order to pay for the Frogmore renovations as well as their security costs.  If this type of thing helps them to achieve that goal, it's a win-win all around.

Many find using one's child to get ahead/make money unacceptable. Some might say deplorable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime wrote:

Last time I checked, we are all entitled to our own personal opinion and observation.  It amazes me for a poster to call out another because they have a difference of opinion and to make it personal about the poster as well.

I do not expect agreement on my opinions because they are mine and I do not expect to be attacked because of them when I respect the one that are different from mine.

@Somertime   You expressed exactly what I have been thinking.  If, and I do, respect the posters who are fans of Meghan, I don't understand why they cannot respect the posters like myself, who are not.  It works two ways, not one sided.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: Heeeeeeeeeeere's Archie!7

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

Such a cute video of Archie and his mom!  He definitely looks more like Harry with a touch of Meghan's father thrown in there.  It was nice for them to do this for Save The Children and to give us a peek at Archie on his first birthday. 

Personally, I don't understand why it bothers some if they were also trying to promote Meghan's vocal talents as well.  They want to become financially independent in order to pay for the Frogmore renovations as well as their security costs.  If this type of thing helps them to achieve that goal, it's a win-win all around.

Many find using one's child to get ahead/make money unacceptable. Some might say deplorable.

@occasionalrain I don't see it that way.  They are very protective of their child, which is probably one of the reasons why they stepped down.  No photos of him have been  published by them since the end of 2019.  

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
😮

In all the years I've been here I've never heard of someone expressing an opinion as being on "the high horse". Or someone opining negatively about a person whose behavior invites a negative impression as "severely lacking any human kindness."
Wow talk about vitriol!

@Pearlee   Same thing happened to me. Seems no one else is allowed an opinion. I then deleted mine and just stay away. Too many posters on this board think they are in charge and no one else can have an opinion or think differently. 

@proudlyfromNJ ...Bravo, well said.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@colover wrote:

She's self promoting. Don't kid yourself.

How pathetic that people don't even know her and they think she's all that and a bag of chips! She's working her plan. . . 😈

Here's where I prepare for my decapitation.

The fact of the matter is none of us posting here know her, nor her motivations for doing anything.  Therefore, how do we know what plan she is working.

Any of us are free to not like her but we don't know the inner workings of her mind.  We can not like her hair, her shorts or her nails.  That is a judgement.  Other than that, we're all blowing smoke.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft I think that history has shown us that many people, including strong women, do not like other strong women.  

Trusted Contributor

I think it is wonderful that the video is used for a fundraiser.  Meghan and Archie both look healthy and joyful. That is something to which we all should aspire and wish for others.  They seem to make public appearances that will benefit the causes they support. Bravo.

Regarding Kate, there has been a deluge of stories and photos about her, William, and their children since Meghan and Harry left.  Kate has admitted to a host of thoughts, behaviors, e.g. not wanting to give birth and almost immediately pose for the people and press,, for which Meghan was criticized. Several British publications, Daily Mail and Business Weekly for example, along with US publications, e.g US Weekly, have numerous articles about the family.  For whatever reason they are positioning themselves as less aloof and more relatable, it seems a bit planned.

On a positive note, the royal children all look healthy and happy; that is a blessing.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft -

I just want you to know that I always look forward to your posts because you usually always make me laugh.You have the most humorous

way of putting things! A wonderful dry sense of humorWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I think it is wonderful that the video is used for a fundraiser.  Meghan and Archie both look healthy and joyful. That is something to which we all should aspire and wish for others.  They seem to make public appearances that will benefit the causes they support. Bravo.

Regarding Kate, there has been a deluge of stories and photos about her, William, and their children since Meghan and Harry left.  Kate has admitted to a host of thoughts, behaviors, e.g. not wanting to give birth and almost immediately pose for the people and press,, for which Meghan was criticized. Several British publications, Daily Mail and Business Weekly for example, along with US publications, e.g US Weekly, have numerous articles about the family.  For whatever reason they are positioning themselves as less aloof and more relatable, it seems a bit planned.

On a positive note, the royal children all look healthy and happy; that is a blessing.

---   
I always felt bad for Kate, when she was paraded out for pictures, right after giving birth.  Yes she may be royal, she's also a woman who's carried a baby for 9 months, apparently, had tough pregnancies, in the early months, and has just given birth. I suspect the last thing she wanted, was to look pretty and pose for pictures! 

No reason, why the new Mom and Dad, couldn't have a few days, at least, to, rest and catch their breath, bond with their new family member, before posing for pictures. 

I'd think an announcement of the birth, that everyone was well, and the parents, were looking forward to introducing the baby, "soon", would be just fine.