Respected Contributor

Re: Heeeeeeeeeeere's Archie!

@alicedee I was commenting in general, it was not directed toward you.  As I stated, I am sensitive toward the use of that word since I've dealt with it for so many years.

How lovely to have two wonderfully tall grandsons!!

Esteemed Contributor

If Diana or Kate didn't want to pose for pictures they wouldn't have. Diana and Kate loved that people were happy for the good news. Let's be honest : they had people helping them look nice even lovely really. They posed got into a luxury vehicle and went to a luxurious home and probably changed into comfy clothes. They had and have those memories and pictures forever. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The few times I have been in the hospital I couldn't wait to get home and felt immediately better when I did. And I didn't live in a palace with servants! It could very well be that Kate wanted to get out of the hospital ASAP after each birth - her choice. And she and William did their royal duty by giving the press and public their desired publicity photo of the new baby, something Harry and Meghan were not willing to do. I'm sure Kate had the best care at home and in much more comfy surroundings and with more privacy and security than in the hospital so she went home immediately. It may have even been recommended by protection officers, who knows?

@Somertime If I had used the real word I was thinking the board censor would have kicked in. 😈😄 .

I think Archie looks like a big baby in all ways: height and body wise being a "chunk". When I first saw his photo yesterday morning I thought "he's been eating a lot of avocado on toast!" thinking of the time it was reported that one of M's friends had lunch with her and M served avocado on toast. Spittin' image of his dad, as I said yesterday.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@SuhseK wrote:

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I think it is wonderful that the video is used for a fundraiser.  Meghan and Archie both look healthy and joyful. That is something to which we all should aspire and wish for others.  They seem to make public appearances that will benefit the causes they support. Bravo.

Regarding Kate, there has been a deluge of stories and photos about her, William, and their children since Meghan and Harry left.  Kate has admitted to a host of thoughts, behaviors, e.g. not wanting to give birth and almost immediately pose for the people and press,, for which Meghan was criticized. Several British publications, Daily Mail and Business Weekly for example, along with US publications, e.g US Weekly, have numerous articles about the family.  For whatever reason they are positioning themselves as less aloof and more relatable, it seems a bit planned.

On a positive note, the royal children all look healthy and happy; that is a blessing.

---   
I always felt bad for Kate, when she was paraded out for pictures, right after giving birth.  Yes she may be royal, she's also a woman who's carried a baby for 9 months, apparently, had tough pregnancies, in the early months, and has just given birth. I suspect the last thing she wanted, was to look pretty and pose for pictures! 

No reason, why the new Mom and Dad, couldn't have a few days, at least, to, rest and catch their breath, bond with their new family member, before posing for pictures. 

I'd think an announcement of the birth, that everyone was well, and the parents, were looking forward to introducing the baby, "soon", would be just fine.  

Princess Diana and Prince Charles outside of St. Mary's Hospital ...

The birth of 'lovely' baby Prince Harry in 1984 - AOL

Meghan & Harry's Baby's 1st Pics Were Different Than Will & Kate's ...

I do not think Kate had a problem doing what Will's Mom did.

And Markle breaks another tradition...dad holds the "wee" one for the pic. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Those baby pictures 👶 Archie sure does look like his Papa!

Respected Contributor

prince-william-holding-prince-george.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Seriously, why would anyone care, which parent, was holding their beautiful newborn? 

Granted, biology wasn't  my best subject, but I'm pretty sure, they're equally responsible, for the baby's creation!

Esteemed Contributor

MEghan MEghan MEghan
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

It confounds me when Archie is called a big baby.  He's tall, not big.  Prince William is 6'3", Prince Harry is 6'1" and Prince Phillip was 6', being tall is a family trait.

I am sensitive to the use of the word big when it should be tall.  My husband was 6'5", my son when born was 24" and is now 7'2" and my granddaughter at 3 years of age is 46".

He will be a tall handsome man when full grown.

-----

Your son is 7'2'' -- that is really tall. My family has some very tall men and boys, a few well above 6 ft., but none have grown to 7 ft.

Some of ours have had trouble finding clothes to fit while young and fast-growing.

Respected Contributor

prince-charles-holds-baby-son-william-leaving-hospital-with-princess-diana_a-L-4177132-4990875.jpg

Oh, dear. Looks like Kate AND Diana also "broke tradition" by allowing Daddy to hold the baby!