Respected Contributor

Re: Heeeeeeeeeeere's Archie!

I was thinking about naturally reading to a one year old and how I would totally have my head down with the child looking on commenting on colors and interacting about the characters etc.  Involved one on one with the child.

It almost seemed acted out in my observation. I would assume not meaning to be critical  and not a negative as for in Camera Acting but I have read  comments from those who have worked with her, Megan is a prefectionist and on cue. 

By the way  children  begin walking at nine months and he at a year is busy getting into things and exploring the world.

Esteemed Contributor

Archie is a very cute one year old.

This is the second or third baby event. Boris Johnson and Anderson Cooper have new children. 

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Archie is a big baby.  By the time he's in kindergarten, he'll be a s big as his mother

Maybe it's the camera angle....I have never seen a "new" one year old that size! He's definitely a cute kid, but I snort when a poster keeps calling him "wee Archie."  There's nothing "wee" about him!

@alicedee    I will assume you are referring to my use of the word "wee".

The word "wee" doesn't mean Archie is little by weight/height/etc.; it is a common reference to indicate a baby or more commonly to indicate a young child.

There is a background to this use of the word but this isn't the thread for a vocabulary lesson.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

prince-william-holding-prince-george.jpg

@Sushismom   Now you've done it.  LOL

How sad that the thead has dissolved into yet another criticism regarding who is holding the baby.

Grasping at anything so foolish says a lot - and I repeat - a lot.

Thank you for this picture.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

prince-charles-holds-baby-son-william-leaving-hospital-with-princess-diana_a-L-4177132-4990875.jpg

Oh, dear. Looks like Kate AND Diana also "broke tradition" by allowing Daddy to hold the baby!

@Sushismom   LOL

*crickets*

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Archie is a big baby.  By the time he's in kindergarten, he'll be a s big as his mother

Maybe it's the camera angle....I have never seen a "new" one year old that size! He's definitely a cute kid, but I snort when a poster keeps calling him "wee Archie."  There's nothing "wee" about him!

@alicedee    I will assume you are referring to my use of the word "wee".

The word "wee" doesn't mean Archie is little by weight/height/etc.; it is a common reference to indicate a baby or more commonly to indicate a young child.

There is a background to this use of the word but this isn't the thread for a vocabulary lesson.

Not a "common reference" in my experience....the only person I've ever heard use that term to describe young children was an elderly friend from Scotland.  When I see "wee" I am thinking "tiny" or "diminutive."  Thanks for clarifying you meant something different.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I was thinking about naturally reading to a one year old and how I would totally have my head down with the child looking on commenting on colors and interacting about the characters etc.  Involved one on one with the child.

It almost seemed acted out in my observation. I would assume not meaning to be critical  and not a negative as for in Camera Acting but I have read  comments from those who have worked with her, Megan is a prefectionist and on cue. 

By the way  children  begin walking at nine months and he at a year is busy getting into things and exploring the world.

Yes, if one were reading to a one year old under normal circumstances, you're correct. But the idea is that these stories are being read for children watching the videos -- most of the people presenting the stories just read directly to the camera, without kids on their laps or with them while they're reading. I thought she did a pretty good job of trying to manage a wiggly one year old while reading and showing the pictures to the camera. Jennifer Garner, one of the founders of #savewithstories, wrote a lovely note to Meghan and Harry on Instagram:

Dear Meghan and Harry,

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous son with the world and allowing us to join you in celebrating his first birthday.
We are humbled and grateful that you chose @savewithstories to mark this special day and in so doing - have raised the visibility of @savethechildren’s work in the US and UK and have helped feed and educate children in desperate need of both.
More than anything - watching you lovingly talk through the pictures while your clever Archie turns the pages - lifts all of us up and reminds us that what may seem like a duck just might turn out to be a rabbit. Thank you for this joyful and meaningful shift in perspective.
Best,
Jen

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3. *crickets* ?
Gosh so sorry you are disappointed in the lack of response to sushismom's photos.

But I'm old enough to remember in real time when those photos of Charles and later William carrying their own babies occurred so I certainly don't think Harry carrying his baby merited any "break from tradition" or other criticism. No aha! or gotcha! moment for me from sushismom's photos. 😄