Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Piers Morgan's assessment of this debacle in the Daily Mail is quite interesting and appears to be pretty spot on... Worth reading... whether one likes him or not... He makes many valid points, not the least of which is that for Harry to invoke Diana is just well beyond ridiculous... He goes on from there also noting his original intent, prior to Harry's diatribe, was to praise them for their recent trip...

I have no interest in reading anything published in that tabloid, or written by that vile man.

Then don't read it... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Piers Morgan's assessment of this debacle in the Daily Mail is quite interesting and appears to be pretty spot on... Worth reading... whether one likes him or not... He makes many valid points, not the least of which is that for Harry to invoke Diana is just well beyond ridiculous... He goes on from there also noting his original intent, prior to Harry's diatribe, was to praise them for their recent trip...

Piers Morgan...oh, my!

I know, I know,  and the Mirror too... but it was an interesting take on the latest goings on... 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of Piers, but that doesn't mean he never has a correct idea.

Honored Contributor

What's more to the story is that NONE of us have a rat's rear idea of what really goes on.  Secondly, a LOT of the royal family stays nicely out of the spotlight.  It can be done and they could provide instruction in HOW to do it.  

Tempest in a silver teapot that fuels speculation and keeps them in the media spotlight.  And by the way, just what did she think her dad would do with a valuable letter like that? Just keep it to himself?  REALLY?  

Yes and Harry, of all people, should understand how all this works.  He's going down the same path of staying in the media hurricane by saying often and loudly he wants privacy.  It's fuel for the fire.

What on earth are these people thinking?  I sure wouldn't play the game. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I have no interest in reading anything published in that tabloid, or written by that vile man.

Then don't read it... 

Many of us won’t. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

What's more to the story is that NONE of us have a rat's rear idea of what really goes on.  Secondly, a LOT of the royal family stays nicely out of the spotlight.  It can be done and they could provide instruction in HOW to do it.  

Tempest in a silver teapot that fuels speculation and keeps them in the media spotlight.  And by the way, just what did she think her dad would do with a valuable letter like that? Just keep it to himself?  REALLY?  

Yes and Harry, of all people, should understand how all this works.  He's going down the same path of staying in the media hurricane by saying often and loudly he wants privacy.  It's fuel for the fire.

What on earth are these people thinking?  I sure wouldn't play the game. 

I sometimes wonder if he feels jealous/competitive with his brother, so pulls some of his attention-getting antics because of that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@mom2four0418, you didn't miss anything. I just read it because I like to read both sides. It was as predictable as the day is long. Piers Morgan is truly as biased as ever and I would expect nothing else from this despicable man.

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Then don't read it... 

Many of us won’t. 

Or don't.   

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Then don't read it... 

Many of us won’t. 

Or don't.   

And haven't.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I'm not a fan of Piers, but that doesn't mean he never has a correct idea.

Exactly... but some only want the perspective that supports their already decided upon narrative... I just thought I'd mention it for those who truly are of an open mind and might be interested in another point of view, realizing that the 'truth' usually falls somewhere in the middle...