Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

@stevieb wrote:

Piers Morgan's assessment of this debacle in the Daily Mail is quite interesting and appears to be pretty spot on... Worth reading... whether one likes him or not... He makes many valid points, not the least of which is that for Harry to invoke Diana is just well beyond ridiculous... He goes on from there also noting his original intent, prior to Harry's diatribe, was to praise them for their recent trip...

@stevieb 

thanks for mentioning the article. i found it and read it all the way through.

it was interesting and he did bring up some interesting observations regarding a number of points in this entire situation.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I'm not a fan of Piers, but that doesn't mean he never has a correct idea.

Exactly... but some only want the perspective that supports their already decided upon narrative... I just thought I'd mention it for those who truly are of an open mind and might be interested in another point of view, realizing that the 'truth' usually falls somewhere in the middle...

I know slander when I see it and Piers Morgan gets off on it. He has no use for Harry and Meghan and he will continue his assault on both of them every chance he gets.

Speaking of already decided upon narrative and an open mind. Try reading something positive about Meghan and Harry and then get back to me... The two of them are doing a lot for charity, somehow that seems to have gotten lost in the dialogue.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  Glad you found it of some interest. I found some of his observations worthwhile reading, realizing he's not unbiased, which he freely admits.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Piers Morgan's assessment of this debacle in the Daily Mail is quite interesting and appears to be pretty spot on... Worth reading... whether one likes him or not... He makes many valid points, not the least of which is that for Harry to invoke Diana is just well beyond ridiculous... He goes on from there also noting his original intent, prior to Harry's diatribe, was to praise them for their recent trip...

I have no interest in reading anything published in that tabloid, or written by that vile man.

Then don't read it... 

Many of us won’t. 

Or don't.   

And haven't.

And didn't. Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

Meghan is who she is, you know, a bi-racial woman who grew up with her European side more than her African side.  Okay I give you that.   But you mean to tell me she has no connections to her African American side, I mean where are the aunts and uncles and cousins? 

The Royals of England just allowed her mother to attend.  And that's not right.  I'm not blaming Meghan, to me, it's the Royals who are whitewashing her background.  Do you know what I mean?  In America, we have a middle class and that comes with all kinds of relatives and connections.  It just amazes me that out of all of Meghan's black relatives only her mother attended.  Black families are like Hispanic and Italian families.  They are LARGE.  Yet only Moria is showing up?  STRANGE! 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

It's my understanding that Meghan did NOT invite the vast majority of her family. 

By the way, her mother's name is Doria.

Valued Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

It's my understanding that Meghan did NOT invite the vast majority of her family. 

Stand corrected, Doria.  So Doria had her in a vaccum?  No extended family whatsoever?  I'm not buying it.  If Harry wanted to marry a commoner (oh how I hate that term *cringe*) then he should have been prepared to accept all that comes with it and not try to erase it.        

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Esteemed Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

Stand corrected, Doria.  So Doria had her in a vaccum?  No extended family whatsoever?  I'm not buying it.  If Harry wanted to marry a commoner (oh how I hate that term *cringe*) then he should have been prepared to accept all that comes with it and not try to erase it.        

nickiswift.com/122761/meghan-markles-family-isnt-invited-royal-wedding/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

nickiswift.com/122761/meghan-markles-family-isnt-invited-royal-wedding/

LOL!  Now that sounds like family to me!  See, we need to stop pretending the Royals of England are above every human being and just stop worshipping at the feet of the Aristocracy.  America was created by English men and women who were running from that type of prejudice.  

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

I sincerely doubt anyone here worships the Royals. I know I don't. I'm interested in them but that's about it. Nor do I believe being interested in them hurts my feelings for those in my own country. Ridiculous.