Super Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

My theory is that she is simply looking for ways to push her dad away. Her dad and the entire Markle family are kind of a hot  mess where the royal family is concerned, between the half brother and his fiance their fights, and his Dui's. And his fiance and her Dui's.

Then there is Samantha, who can't find anything nice to say. As others have said; its a reality show,

The royal family likely don't even know how to be around them and don't even want to try. The Markles are not "their ilk" in their opinion.

So MM is being encouraged or even pushed to hold her fam at arm's length since the royals find her family "icky". I think she is embarrassed by them now,

In a way, while the law suit s against a tabloid and its offshoots, one really has to wonder if, subliminally, she is suing daddy,

ALL MY OWN OPINION.

Esteemed Contributor

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

What's more to the story is that NONE of us have a rat's rear idea of what really goes on.  Secondly, a LOT of the royal family stays nicely out of the spotlight.  It can be done and they could provide instruction in HOW to do it.  

Tempest in a silver teapot that fuels speculation and keeps them in the media spotlight.  And by the way, just what did she think her dad would do with a valuable letter like that? Just keep it to himself?  REALLY?  

Yes and Harry, of all people, should understand how all this works.  He's going down the same path of staying in the media hurricane by saying often and loudly he wants privacy.  It's fuel for the fire.

What on earth are these people thinking?  I sure wouldn't play the game. 

I sometimes wonder if he feels jealous/competitive with his brother, so pulls some of his attention-getting antics because of that.

@Sooner...

@alicedee...Harry has been a wild card for many years.  Many have blamed it on the death of his mother, he was very young, etc, etc.  Perhaps his actions are not necessarily connected to the death of Princess Diana, but something deeper which if he were to have therapy would bring it to the surface, thereby helping him in so many ways.  Just speculating.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, Harry has stated that he has had therapy, so there is no "maybe if he does" about it.
Respected Contributor

I don't blame Harry one bit.  He saw how the paparrazzi  hounded and harrassed his poor mother literally to death and now they are doing it to his wife. They are vultures.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

HBO Documentary..."Diana, Our Mother:   Her Life and Legacy"

William and Harry share their memories and feelings and give us a very candid look into how their Mother's death affected their lives at such young ages...William was 15 and Harry was 12...Harry shares that he shut down and tried to shut out his feelings and suffered silently throughout most of his life and that he still has a lot of grief to come out.

Just a few years ago, he shared that he finally sought therapy for his anxiety and depression.

Both William and Harry have very strong feelings about what their Mother went through with the Paparrazzi and the way she died.

My feelings are that, now that he is married, his behavior and outspoken protection of his wife expresses a sensitivity and vulnerability as a result of his long-suppressed grief over the death of his mother and, in a sense, he is speaking out as much for his mother as he is for his wife.

Say what you will...my heart goes out to him.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I don't blame Harry one bit.  He saw how the paparrazzi  hounded and harrassed his poor mother literally to death and now they are doing it to his wife. They are vultures.

Diana and Dodi would still be alive if not for their own bad decisions.  They could have stayed at the hotel, the driver could have gone at a decent speed, she should have been belted in...etc.  Dodi was known for egging on drivers to avoid the press or just for fun.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I feel for those who have suffered loss, especially one so senseless. In this instance that also includes WIlliam, who also lost his mother at a young age, and yet appears to have come through it more intact. He appears to manage his life more capably and also seems consistently to have made better choices...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...