Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harassment or Discrimination?

Hope this is not too political but....... if one is sexually harrased they should complain immediately not 30 years down the road.  Seems easier to join the group...safety in numbers I guess.  

There is always a choice to walk away... if one benefits and allows this behavior my take on this is you are part of it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

At least now I know exactly what I dislike about this cartoon. As the OP and a few others have explained, they think that this whole harassment thing is overblown, that handling such situations is a breeze, and that accusers can't be trusted.

So yeah, I hate this cartoon. It plays into general stereotypes and mimimizes, through ridicule, sexual harassment.

@suzyQ3

It reminded me of a person we all know who, when accused by a woman of groping her on an airplane decades ago, said to a large group of people that if he was going to grope someone it wouldn't have been her.

Oh, hahahahahahaha they all responded.

Oh, haha indeed.

@QueenDanceALot

I saw her interview just now on the Apple. 

And I liked the way she said (paraphrasing) that she understood

if you choose not to believe her after all this time..why coming forward now?...but it happened.

@sidsmom

Yes, I've seen her a few times.

She is much nicer to her critics than they deserve.

IMO.

I've seen her a few times also, and I agree.  I think she just realizes that she knows the truth, and that's good enough for her.  It doesn't matter very much to her if she's criticized or believed.  I found her to be very credible when I first saw her last year, and again more recently.  She seems to be an intelligent and lovely person with no ulterior motives.

Good for her!  I'm glad she spoke up, and it's good to see that she's not letting this dominate her life.

Respected Contributor

I consider myself pretty progressive with a great sense of humor. This cartoon..not so much for a variety of reasons.