Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiemichelle wrote:

I don't understand this latest surge in polyester.  It is the worst "fabric" to wear!  I live in Arizona and will not purchase or wear it.  I only buy 100% cotton!!

@katiemichelle

In one of the financial newspapers they mentioned some sort of a "cotton crisis"  so I guess the manufacturers are turning to man-made/synthetic fabrics instead........This also helps to keep the price down.........

Market Data by Cotton Inc. May 2018

"Challenges today facing the world's largest cotton producing countries --repeated pest attacks in India, rising production costs in China, and recurring weather-related issues in the U.S. and Australia."

Thanks for this info, I was not aware SPURT.

Regular Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@katiemichelle wrote:

I don't understand this latest surge in polyester.  It is the worst "fabric" to wear!  I live in Arizona and will not purchase or wear it.  I only buy 100% cotton!!

Not everybody lives in Arizona.

OMG!  Seriously??

Regular Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Spurt Thankfully, we are not under the same pressure...though we do try to keep things at a reasonable temp without freezing or baking anyone! Helps keep the power bills down, ya know!

It's different in different places, I know. I just get tired of people dissing poly (or cotton or whatever) in a way that seems like they think that because THEY don't like it, no one should like it--or sell it! There's enough choices for everyone to have what they want.

Just for clarification, I was speaking for myself and no one else...

Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@katiemichelle wrote:

Not everybody lives in Arizona.

@Blingqueen023

Not everyone lives "up north" or in the "northeast" either....

These fabrics don't do well not only in Arizona---but  also in the entire region of SOUTHERN STATES where it gets hot, then there's also Texas, and the Western States-New Mexico, Nevada, and even some parts of Southern California too...........

I agree with @katiemichelle  the MAJORITY of customers located in hot climates don't like to wear polyester.....And I hear many of the vendors say that QVC customers are asking for more cotton and natural fibers....especially on the D&C and Cuddl Duds shows.......

You are correct SPURT.  It can hit 120 in the summer where I live, and did the last few summers.  Arizona is basically a dry state, however our monsoon, which starts in June or July brings high rates of humidity, sometimes through the end of September.  In addition, while Arizona used to be scrub oak, mesquites, palo verdes and cacti in the southern portion, so many unnative plants, trees and grasses have been brought in the last five or six decades to the cities during major growth that it really changed the atmosphere with the extra watering, etc. if you can imagine that.

Valued Contributor
I agree with you. I’ve bought SG items in the past before I lost a great deal of weight.
Now, I’m very selective in what I buy. SG items, in my opinion have soared in price this past year. I’m also not a fan of her loud prints. I feel they are matronly looking.
Macy’s, for example has hundreds of options at lower prices. I enjoy shopping at QVC but, now am much more cautious of sizing, price & quality.
Frequent Contributor

For GOSH sake why can;t we get the pieces from d &co recently shown on feb 24, 19

.  This happens alot and I am really irritated