Respected Contributor

House selling rant - UPDATE post

[ Edited ]

"Ranting lady" here again for an update 😃
Many posters from the previous thread asked for an update.
We continue to get last minute showing requests with the worst being 35 minutes.
We had several showings this week.
Feedback was:
1- buyer did not want a brick house
2- buyer did not like real hardwood floors, prefers vinyl planks
3- one buyer only wants SS appliances. We have black floating glass. (a very expensive special order)
4- one buyer hates plantation shutters, she cut the tour short when she walked in and saw them.
5- buyer wanted a very large laundry room and a separate mud room. (ours is large but is combined)

So no offers for us yet. At least no one has complained it is over priced and every comment notes the house shows "beautifully".
I am confident that the right buyer is just a day away.
My husband is growing impatient with process and the time it takes from our day. Some of the showings have lasted for hours.

Honored Contributor

Re: House selling rant - UPDATE post

Thanks for the update....I hope you sell  soon.

We have listed 3 times - still here - one realtor brought a buyer to the house, which is two story, she has a handicap and did not want a two story home, why bring her to our house??? It was a huge waste of our time.

Everyone that looked at our house loved the inside, clean, well cared for, etc, etc.....we would/could not come down on the price.  Wishing you good luck!!

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

It seems to me that you house has not been photographed adequately.

Most of these would have been seen online, before bothering to view the house in person, right?

Honored Contributor

@AbrowneyegirlYou are way more tolerant of your agent's process than many sellers are, but I don't know your market so any advice I'd offer would be worth what most free advice is.  I'm assuming you chose the agent on the basis of his/her success in selling in your location and your general price range;  once that's true, I'm out of suggestions, but you and DH have my sympathy. 

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl @I have a friend in the business and she says some people just like to tour homes and see what people have done inside to get ideas for their own homes...stinky isn’t it.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:
"Ranting lady" here again for an update 😃
Many posters from the previous thread asked for an update.
We continue to get last minute showing requests with the worst being 35 minutes.
We had several showings this week.
Feedback was:
1- seller did not want a brick house
2- seller did not like real hardwood floors, prefers vinyl planks
3- one seller only wants SS appliances. We have black floating glass. (a very expensive special order)
4- one seller hates plantation shutters, she cut the tour short when she walked in and saw them.
5- seller wanted a very large laundry room and a separate mud room. (ours is large but is combined)

So no offers for us yet. At least no one has complained it is over priced and every comment notes the house shows "beautifully".
I am confident that the right buyer is just a day away.
My husband is growing impatient with process and the time it takes from our day. Some of the showings have lasted for hours.

You probably mean buyer, not seller  ??

Reminds me of the show House Hunters.

The potential buyers will take a house of their list if they don't like the color of a bedroom.

Respected Contributor

I am sure you will find the right buyer. I grew up in the real estate business and it is a difficult one but there seems to be a buyer for every home if the price is right. 

Honored Contributor

@dexIMO a good, professional realtor would not allow that to happen.  Would be a waste of his/her time and the sellers.  That's what open houses are for.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 @Yes I agree but sometimes it takes a minute to figure some people out.

Respected Contributor

Oh boy, I hear you!  We are in our 17th home so that means we have sold 16 Cat Frustrated  Each sale we learned something new so here goes...

1.  Have your agent put in your listing's notes that you only want already qualified buyers to have a showing.

2.   Tell your agent to speak with the showing agent about what the features of your home has to offer, such as 2 story, handicap accessable, etc.

Some buyers just look at the price or the neighborhood and ask to see everything.  Their agent Should help them narrow down the homes that have what they want but some agents just show everything hoping they will make an offer.  I think the agents like to see what all is on the market so they don't mind waisting seller's and their time.

3. Request feedback!  It sounds like you are getting that which is good but there's nothing more frustrating than getting ready for a showing and then waiting around for their opinion.

4.  Are you buying another home?  To all buyers who don't want to bring a lot to closing ask the seller to pay for all closing & prepaids.  We are VA and always ask for this and have bought most of our homes with no money down.

5. Most realtors like to do open houses because it brings in buyers.  I asked a long time agent we had how many homes he had sold on all his years of open houses and his answer was 1.

Good luck to you and all who are in this situation.  A movie you may relate to is called "5 Flights Up" with Morgan Freeman & Diane Keaton.  Enjoy!