Honored Contributor

Re: Don't you just hate when your favorite show is not on because of an all day event?

On 6/4/2014 pridequeen said:
On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:

Well, it looks like tomorrow will be a lot of shows with Barbara Bixby and her silver.....I don't buy anything silver....can't wear it. <em>So, guess I'll be saving a lot of money tomorrow.</em>

so, what does this actually mean? People say this a lot when they don't like the programming choices. When I read it, top me it says that you buy something from QVC every day so if they have a day of something you don't like, you won't be buying that day?

I would never think of saying I'll be saving money by not buying from QVC on any particular day, I would think the exact opposite, like tomorrow they are showing Barbara Bixby so I might be spending money. I just don't understand the logic of these statements.

I said I can't wear it ( I turn green wherever there is a silver piece of jewelry I wear)......so why would I watch it. And by no means do I buy something everyday from QVC......or on any other type of show on TV...... Yes, I will be saving money......

Sorry you didn't like my response......

Super Contributor

Re: Don't you just hate when your favorite show is not on because of an all day event?

On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:

Well, it looks like tomorrow will be a lot of shows with Barbara Bixby and her silver.....I don't buy anything silver....can't wear it. <em>So, guess I'll be saving a lot of money tomorrow.</em>

so, what does this actually mean? People say this a lot when they don't like the programming choices. When I read it, top me it says that you buy something from QVC every day so if they have a day of something you don't like, you won't be buying that day?

I would never think of saying I'll be saving money by not buying from QVC on any particular day, I would think the exact opposite, like tomorrow they are showing Barbara Bixby so I might be spending money. I just don't understand the logic of these statements.

I said I can't wear it ( I turn green wherever there is a silver piece of jewelry I wear)......so why would I watch it. And by no means do I buy something everyday from QVC......or on any other type of show on TV...... Yes, I will be saving money......

now see, no need to get snarky. I was really asking you because that's the way it seemed to me when I read it so I wondered if you bought something every day. I guess people just read things in different ways. If we were having a live conversation, I might not have interpreted it like that. So be it.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not have a favorite show.

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:

now see, no need to get snarky. I was really asking you because that's the way it seemed to me when I read it so I wondered if you bought something every day. I guess people just read things in different ways. If we were having a live conversation, I might not have interpreted it like that. So be it.

pride.....no way was I being snarky. I was just explaining why I wouldn't be watching and buying any silver. That's the problem with these types of boards. You can't hear what a person is thinking and writing, and how some folks take what you say the wrong way.

Super Contributor

On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:
On 6/4/2014 ShowMe said:

pride.....no way was I being snarky. I was just explaining why I wouldn't be watching and buying any silver. That's the problem with these types of boards. You can't hear what a person is thinking and writing, and how some folks take what you say the wrong way.

okay

Super Contributor

Yes!!!!!!! Why subject anyone to all day events at all? Even if it something that I like I don't want to see it all day. I never watch all day events.
Esteemed Contributor

I thought this was about a show being preempted because of a tragedy, major news or severe weather event.

Respected Contributor

Back to the original question...I'm not that attached to QVC.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero