Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do People Tend to Create Their Own Drama?

Yes, drama queens.  Always, always bothered by something or someone.  See it quite a bit on these boards.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes. I worked with so many Drama Queens over the years. They are people who thrive on attention...they just suck the life out of everyone around them. 

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I think so, and it has to do about a lot of bad decisions along with excuses that they continue to make....plus some like the attention that the drama creates for them.

I prefer no drama, and no toxic people - life is a bowl of cherries, and I choose to stay away from the rotten ones. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Yes, people can create their own drama.

They start threads about it.

Respected Contributor

"Save the Drama for your Momma."  I have seen teeshirts with this saying some years ago.

Respected Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Oh my yes.  Just look at these boards. 

@Travone    Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL    It's exhausting sometimes. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Yes, people can create their own drama.

They start threads about it.

@Lucky Charm    Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Absolutley I believe some people do. I have also known many women at work who do not seem to be happy unless they are filling their life with drama either in their personal life or at work. Always looking for something to stir up.They are not happy unless they are involved in one " crisis" after another.

Honored Contributor

I think there is a lot of truth to this!  I know some people who are definitely drama queens  or kings!  A simple situation tends to turn chaotic when it involves any of these people.  No matter what it is, they put a huge spin on it, and the next thing you know, it goes out of control -- and if you don't watch, you get totally sucked into it!  

I do believe this type of person creates many of these situations just for attention.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Yes I do believe so.  But I don't see all of them as attention seekers.  Some of them are just inept at life skills, resolving problems, making decisions, trusting themselves and the list goes on.  Others struggle with being miserable and unhappy and tend to involve or even attack others instead of recognizing the problems lies within.