Honored Contributor

Re: Do People Tend to Create Their Own Drama?

I worked with a few over the years and it was hard to avoid them...now I am retired, and I know they are posting the drama on FB...but I don’t follow them for that reason.
Trusted Contributor

I don't want to be around people who do in their personal lives.  I don't watch reality shows (fake drama) or associate with people who do (why get upset about someone else's issues).  I want to live in a drama-free zone.

Honored Contributor

My ex MIL is now 98 yrs old and still creates her own drama...some people just thrive on it.
Honored Contributor

Yes some do. I think they love the attention. Pretty sad really.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom. No, not drama. Merely a propos.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom. BTW a thread from Sept is not considered an old one we aren't supposed to bump. According to the mods, those are threads over one year old. ✌
Respected Contributor

Yes, I know Drama Divas of both sexes....just a few, fortunately.  And there are definitely posters like that here.

I am a caring person, and will go out of my way to help someone.  However...when a situation has fairly simple and reasonable solutions, and the Diva refuses to do anything to change the situation, but continues to complain....that's when I check out.

Now if someone has private reasons for not addressing a problem....I respect that, as long as they only unload frustration occasionally and don't become serial complainers about it.  But I won't waste my time and efforts offering helpful ideas to someone who has no intention of doing anything to change the status quo.

Honored Contributor

Some people like being dramatic.  

I do believe that they should consider enrolling in drama classes.

It would be much fun for them, and just might prompt some into stardom.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

A friend and I I were discussing this recently, about how drama seems to follow people around no matter where they go.

It could be from job to job or relationship to relationship, but no matter where they are, or who they are with, drama is around.

Whether it's having a tantrum when they don't get their way, or whining when they play the "victim" card, or just plain being angry and bitter at the world because they feel that Life has been unfair to them, so they take it out on everyone.

Do you think that this is true?

Do you think that people tend to create their own drama?

No, I've never met anyone who sounds like that. Everyone I know tells the truth, would sooner eat lye than exaggerate, and abounds with problem-solving abilities that enable them to fix any issues that arise in their lives so they never, ever ask for help or advice.

They're all boring as hell.

I am not a fan of limelight-seeking confabulators, but it's a common human trait. The problem is that of degree. There are some people who buff the facts, and there are some who apply three coats of varnish and paste wax, and they'll keep on embellishing until they're satisfied with the reaction they're getting. If they're good, it's entertaining. If they're not, it's draining.

They're usually not good. If they're friends, you can walk. If they're relatives, you can cultivate a hearing loss.