Esteemed Contributor

Do People Tend to Create Their Own Drama?

[ Edited ]

A friend and I I were discussing this recently, about how drama seems to follow people around no matter where they go.

It could be from job to job or relationship to relationship, but no matter where they are, or who they are with, drama is around.

Whether it's having a tantrum when they don't get their way, or whining when they play the "victim" card, or just plain being angry and bitter at the world because they feel that Life has been unfair to them, so they take it out on everyone.

Do you think that this is true?

Do you think that people tend to create their own drama?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do People Tend to Create Their Own Drama?

Is the Pope Catholic???

Honored Contributor

Some people definitely do.   I don't do drama or games so I have a fairly short amount of patience for any of it.    Easiest to just ignore it and move on, when possible.

But I have known numerous people over the ages who definitely create drama - totally unnecessary drama, but it gives them the attention they seek so it does serve its purpose for them.

Respected Contributor

We kid around about one woman in my office.  I say she's never happy unless she's P.O'd about something!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Yes they do and I have one in my family who I think craves it like an addict does for a drug.  It truly seems this man as an addiction for drama.  I just find it all utterly boring and exhausting listening to all the many updates to the various situations.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Oh my yes.  Just look at these boards. 

Honored Contributor

From what I've observed in life thus far, it's usually one of two things.

1.  The need for attention is so great it doesn't matter if it comes from positive or negative behavior.

2.  Lack of gratitude.  I've yet to meet a happy ingrate.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

It's not always about attention. For some people it's an adrenaline rush. Some people are bored. The drama brings safe excitement into their lives.

Honored Contributor

Some people do, yes.  I have an acquaintance I rarely see because its just so exhausting.  She walks down the road daily and sees a mountain lion, the only one seen in this county in years.  Really.  There is a poster on here who is the same way, I just read one of her posts and its the same it was the last time I read her years ago.  Big problem someone else could have handled without all the fuss.  

Honored Contributor

yes, i think this is basically true.....more often, than not.

some people LIVE for drama and some stretch the truth to make the issue seem much more dramatic or over the top than it actually is.

i guess some just like to live their lives this way. maybe it makes it more exciting for them?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein