Honored Contributor

Re: Coloradans…

[ Edited ]

Such crazy, unpredictable weather...seems everywhere, not just NC and southern states. After this hotter than hot weekend, we start the week in the 70's. 

Respected Contributor

Here in Virginia, I just changed my flannel sheets today, because the temperature is going to soar to 96 today and 97 tomorrow. Ugh. Humidity was 90% this morning.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitlynn 

Yep, I’ll be out with my broom whacking the snow off my lilac trees. If you hear cussing…you’ll know it’s me.

Respected Contributor

Between 7:30 and 9:45 last night the temp dropped from 90 to 50 in the Denver metro area.  Crazy stuff.  Wish our neighbors in other states were getting this moisture as well.

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine 

It has already started where I’m at: it’s 26 degrees and a light coating of ice.

Honored Contributor

I always think of an out-of-the-ordinary weather event as nature's 'exfoliation' process where snow, and hail especially, will break off dead, weak or sickly leaves/branches from plants/trees...leaving behind the stronger, healthier ones in it's wake. Hopefully the weight of this oncoming wet snow will spare the larger branches on some of my trees. I'd hate to lose some of those which provide a lot shade around my house in the summer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coloradans…

[ Edited ]

After weeks and weeks of 100's and upper 90's here in South Texas 🥵(we dont usually get this hot until July/August it's usually in the low 90's in May)..BUT relief is coming---- this Sunday and the next few days we are getting weather in the upper 80's with a 40% chance of rain---YAY!!!! We'll take it! 😁 We need the rain and the lower temperatures are much appreciated! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

I don't knoe how you guys who live in these perpetually hot spots do it!  We are forecast for 95 Saturday and 98 Sunday and I am clearing out space under the porch.

The week following will be much cooler, but I hate anything over 75.  I would not mind the snow in May because  1) It is way better than 95-98.  and 2) It will melt in about 24 hours 

since it is May, after all.  If only I could have a calendar with One May, One December (Christmas, you know!) and TEN OCTOBERS!  I will dream about that under the porch this weekend.

@781Florist 

Your right 781FLORIST while people sympathize with those that endure the cold climates ---no one gives credit to those of us suffering in the hot weather .....You can always cope in cold weather by adding clothing layers when it gets cold, but you can only take so many clothes off when it gets hot....as far as A/C we are being warned to keep our thermostats set very high 80 and above to avoid electric grid brown outs and blackouts this summer....every home, office, business, retiler is also doing the same so places arent as cold as they used to be when the A/C was going strong....we went to the movies last Thursday and even the movie theater wasnt cold at all....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

The meteorologist just upped it to two feet for my area. Heavy wet cement like snow.

You know the kind the snow blower is rendered useless and so is my husband with a shovel. lol

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@SilleeMee 

The meteorologist just upped it to two feet for my area. Heavy wet cement like snow.

You know the kind the snow blower is rendered useless and so is my husband with a shovel. lol

@Malcontent 

TWO FEET more??!! YIKES! This is sounding worse each time I hear more about this approaching storm. My anxiety level is increasing by the minute. TG I don't have to be anywhere this weekend. I've got plenty of food around so I'm good to go there.