Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony 'Is Open to Having More Kids,' Says Source: 'She Doesn't Care What People Think'

@dex wrote:

@Cakers3what about forced birth control...can’t imagine the suffering or worse that she is capable of. I would have a terrible fear for the safety any child in her care.

@dex  Same difference.  However, how would the gov't enforce a person to take birth control????   Do you really want to see the gov't forcing people to take birth control or be sterilized? 

Let's go a step further-if a person is court ordered to take birth control and still gets pregnant-and birth control methods CAN fail-would the court then order a forced abortion?? 

The issue isn't whether we all think she should not have another child.  The issue isn't even if we all think she murdered her sweet daughter because she WAS found NOT GUILTY.

We cannot, as a civilized society, start determining who can and cannot have children.   As a result, only the "elite" citizens of this counrty will be able to produce "desireable" citizens while the rest of the unwashed masses are determined to be unworthy.

And who will determine who are the best to produce?

Think about that.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony 'Is Open to Having More Kids,' Says Source: 'She Doesn't Care What People Think'

@Cakers3@I agree with you but what about the rights of helpless children born....very sad to think about for me.

Honored Contributor

She was found not guilty by 12 jurors. It matters not at all what those who are so sure she was guilty believe. What matters is respecting our judicial system. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@Cakers3@I agree with you but what about the rights of helpless children born....very sad to think about for me.

@dex  In a perfect world every child would be born to loving parent/parents.

With food, shelter, warmth, education, etc.  We all know this.

However, we know that there is no such thing as a perfect world and sadly the most helpless among us suffer.

Of course children have rights; nobody is saying that her rights supercede that of any potential child she may have in the future.  The issue is she cannot be stopped and projecting what she may do if she does have another child is not going to change what may happen.

The best anybody can do is hope or pray that if she does have another child that we will not see a repeat of the past.  Unless she proves to be unfit with a new baby,  that is all that will matter. 

Projection about the unwanted, unloved, uncared for child is not  the issue here; the issue, for me, is doing what we can for those children already suffering at the hands of abusive caregivers, at the hands of sex trade smugglers, at the hands of economic inequality.

There are small voices crying now; focus on them instead of a "what if" that may never happen.

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

No she doesn’t care about what people think about her but she should care about the harassment her baby would face for its entire life.

you are so right,can you imagine what that child would feel knowing his/her Mother killed her  other child!

Honored Contributor

I'll pray that never happens.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

She must be the only person in the world who would support this idea.  Too bad there is no legal recourse to prevent this from happening.

@phoenixbrd  Like what-forced sterilization?

I may not agree with her but I would cringe at that thought.

@Cakers3

@Cakers3

I disagree, and for both(all) genders. Like OJ, in my opinion, they both "skated" from the truth. Being found Not Guilty, and being Innocent, are not even close to meaning the same thing.

Trials decide Guilt, not always the Truth.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3

She can go to a sperm bank.  I imagine they couldn't turn her down.  She was not found guilty of anything, maybe a speeding ticket.  

Respected Contributor

Under no circumstance should that awful woman be allowed to reproduce.

EVER.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

She must be the only person in the world who would support this idea.  Too bad there is no legal recourse to prevent this from happening.

@phoenixbrd  Like what-forced sterilization?

I may not agree with her but I would cringe at that thought.

@Cakers3

@Cakers3

I disagree, and for both(all) genders. Like OJ, in my opinion, they both "skated" from the truth. Being found Not Guilty, and being Innocent, are not even close to meaning the same thing.

Trials decide Guilt, not always the Truth.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  Hi John-I'm a tad confused-my post you quoted talks about forced sterilization.  I know that there is a difference between not guilty and innocence but that wasn't what I was saying.

Some posters feel she should be FORCED to not have a child.  Maybe you meant to quote another one of my posts???

In any event, yes, some do skate away free walk the streets.  But until our justice system can come up with a better way-then this is what we have.  I think you will agree on that point.

eta:  Trials also determine innocence and not always correctly.  Innocent until proven guilty, which you know.  So whether we agree with any verdict, the defendant is due his/her due process and help us all if that ever changes.

Hope CIndy is doing well, too.